Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2018 12:39:56 PM EDT
Where can I get a rubber pad for my folding stock VZ58?  I used to see them offered for very reasonable prices, but they seem to have dried up.  I could use paracord but I wanted something a little more “sticky”.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If we're talking the butt of the stock, I run the Zahal plastic pad. It's not a heavy rubber pad like the AK grenade pad, just a plastic cover but fits like a glove with no adhesive or Velcro and allows the folder to lock closed. I think it was $20.

I tried fitting a grenade pad but never could get it to really stay secure and mine wouldn't full close with it on.

For the part of the stock that your cheek rests on, I cut a length of automotive vent/vapor line and slipped it on. Basic, but it worked. There's a guy on Etsy selling leather wraps for AK underfolders that has a wrap for the VZ side folder as well but can't remember his name. I have one on my AK63DS.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The Zahal pad is now $38.  I recall these being around five bucks.  You snooze, you lose.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that’s a lot for just a plastic pad. I thought what I paid was high. But I’ve never seen any other source for one.

I just bought a complete fixed stock unissued with hardware for $40.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought that pad was used for the guards
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, for guard units. I have several originals for my rifles, but they have been reproduced.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top