Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2022 5:15:42 PM EDT
I just purchased a Romanian wire side folding stock from Atlantic firearms and the stock came with two short screws. I am unable to mount it to my Romanian kit build because the front screw can’t reach the threads in the stock. From my research the screw closest to the receiver should be slightly longer, 8mm vs 10mm.

I contacted Atlantic and was basically told tough shit and I will have to source the longer screw elsewhere. I even pointed out that their website shows the stock with the correct screws. For the $200 paid I’m decently upset.

Anyways…Rant over.

I am curious if anywhere knows where one could source the correct screws? I see Jmac sells replicas but after shipping it will be $27 which is ridiculous.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/AK47-Side-Folding-stock

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TripleJ:
I just purchased a Romanian wire side folding stock from Atlantic firearms and the stock came with two short screws. I am unable to mount it to my Romanian kit build because the front screw can’t reach the threads in the stock. From my research the screw closest to the receiver should be slightly longer, 8mm vs 10mm.

I contacted Atlantic and was basically told tough shit and I will have to source the longer screw elsewhere. I even pointed out that their website shows the stock with the correct screws. For the $200 paid I’m decently upset.

Anyways…Rant over.

I am curious if anywhere knows where one could source the correct screws? I see Jmac sells replicas but after shipping it will be $27 which is ridiculous.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/AK47-Side-Folding-stock

View Quote

So the one you need is the fillister head type right?

Not sure how much shipping is but the East German should be same thread pitch and $3.99; also the shorter Romanian specific screw is usually the harder one to source

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/AK-TANG-SCREW-FOR-WIRE-FOLDING-STOCK-NEW-EAST-GERMAN-p7638.htm

Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleJ] [#2]
Awesome, thanks! I just ordered one. Came out to $9 shipped.

A note to anyone who may order one of these stocks from Atlantic, they said they all come with two short screws. I can’t imagine I’m the first to have an issue mounting it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a Romanian wire folder from Atlantic recently and got it last week.  It had the long and the short screw.  Surprised they treated you that way and glad you were able to get the correct screw.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top