Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/28/2020 12:20:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: davidenorth]
Picked up a Wasr 10/63 to go with my newer Wasr 10 I got two years ago.  I saw it Saturday but did some research before I picked it up today.  The rivets were good, front sight looks pretty straight and it has the triangle with arrow with 1971 date on it.  I got it for $480 otd with one steel surplus mag and a hard case.   I have dremeled off the barrel nut but can't find my spare slant brake.  Will keep searching for it or order one.  Here is two quick pics.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, that's a good price for todays market.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was a decent price.  I paid just over $600 for my "new" Wasr 10 two years ago at Gander Mtn before they had they going out of business sale.  I missed out on an under folder last year at the same pawn shop for almost the same price, as the Wasr 10/63, but sat on the fence too long and it disappeared.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Not long ago I picked up a 10/63 for $500 that still had the butthole stock on it. I changed out the stock and put a pistol grip on it and sold it at a local gun show for $625 in the first 5 minutes I was there.
I used the money to buy a used full size Draco that had an AK 9 handguard on it which I sold for $80. Some other various items on the Draco I sold for $35. So now I have a Draco that I have about $440 invested in it.
Enjoy your new workhorse.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Good find at that price. I like the older lamented wood. Back then, they enlarged the mag manually. Did they do a good job?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:17:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried my one Magpul magazine yet but the steel have very little wobble in them.  I just ordered a nice Romanian leather sling off Fleabay for $15 for it.  I stopped in the other pawn shop in town yesterday and they have a Wasr underfolder on the shelf for $599.00. I didn't check it out since I spent my money already.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice, got the good wood on it also
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice find.  This is my first AK, also a WASR 10/63
Just spent last Saturday mounting my Form 1 can I’m building on it.  Had to do some work to get things centered using an alignment rod.

Griffin Taper mount.  Had to knock the pins out and tap the front sight back about 1/8”.  Now I need to redrill and put a pin back in.

Link Posted: 2/8/2020 4:23:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top