Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2023 9:20:19 PM EDT
Anyone used these? I just got one last week, took it out today to find it only loads 20-25rd at a time. Disassembled the mag to check for burrs/obstructions etc, smooth as a whistle. My best guess is the internal geometry mimics a 5.45 mag despite external appearences resembling a 5.56 mag.

What made matters worse is that I had several missfeeds in just those 25 rounds through my SLR 106F. So at this point, I'm resigned to buying ugly waffle mags

Has anyone else had decent luck with these mags?

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:21:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BensAssociator] [#1]
There is a thread over at the akfiles about the same issue. The followers are bad. The bottom of the follower is pinched in causing binding on the spring at around 20 rounds. PSA is sending out new mags or followers not sure which. I’d shoot them an email or contact them in the industry section.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#2]
PSA AK101 Mag - ZPAP + Beryl Test - 556 AK Magazine Series S3E3

7:25 talks about the issues with the followers on the first batch
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

If you email [email protected], he will mail you replacements.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
Originally Posted By BigBurkeyBoy:
Anyone used these? I just got one last week, took it out today to find it only loads 20-25rd at a time. Disassembled the mag to check for burrs/obstructions etc, smooth as a whistle. My best guess is the internal geometry mimics a 5.45 mag despite external appearences resembling a 5.56 mag.

What made matters worse is that I had several missfeeds in just those 25 rounds through my SLR 106F. So at this point, I'm resigned to buying ugly waffle mags

Has anyone else had decent luck with these mags?

If you email [email protected], he will mail you replacements.

Thanks,

Josiah

I ordered in the next few days, would the ones shipped have the fixed followers?  I.e. they are already in the regular production pipeline?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Just emailed and had a tracking number within a few minutes, thank you guys!

I will try to make it to the range here in the next week or two and update with how the new mag does.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Just putting this out there. These do not work in Norinco 5.56 AKs
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So...

It's been a few months...  

Anyone get to actually shoot with them? How do you run?

I just picked up a 5.56 saiga and need some mags. I don't mind spending on circle 10s but I was thinking psa got it worked out...
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought 4 a while back. No issues.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:41:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Voland] [#9]
So I ordered 4 mags aaaannnnddd they will not lock in.

The circle 10s that the rifle came with lock in just fine.

This is in a converted saiga 556. Do I need to file down the locking tabs a bit to make them work?

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The circle 10s were likely modified.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rocketfish:
The circle 10s were likely modified.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, mags will need to be modified. The front Trunnion locking lugs are AKM spec, not 74 spec. Some choose to alter the lug slightly to accommodate for this, but I wouldn’t mess with them. First, take off 1-2mm off the front feed lips, this will allow for the space I mentioned previously. Next on the top of the rear locking tab of the magazine, take a file and slowly remove material unit it snaps in, go slow and try to keep the original geometry of the tab as possible. I’ve found that black circle 10’s require the most work, the smoke ones, very little, same with Beryl mags. I haven’t got a PSA mag yet to try.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep, got it all squared away. Its the silly saiga interdiction tab that was giving me grief. Will be getting that removed when Ill be at the smith for my form 1 build...
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top