Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/29/2015 12:42:53 PM EDT
My Maddi MISR S/A is unthreaded and measures 0.480" at the muzzle.

I'm thinking this diameter is too small to thread, from what I've looked at on-line for dies and breaks and what-not.

Did find this adapter, but it's 0.500" and thinking it might be too loose  http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30090

Any suggestions, or is any thought of threading this critter just hosed?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Try getting a hold of eastTXhunter, he can probably answer your question and perform any work relating to it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dferg10] [#2]
With that OD, you might not be able to thread it 1/2-28 RH. The OD on my PARS RML was 0.490" and it worked. You can get the slant brake from CNC Warrior:

CNC Warrior slant brake 1/2-28 RH

They also have the die/threading kit you will need.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My Maadi RML is .470, so don't feel bad. Wish there were something I could do.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input, gentlemen, and I apologize for the delay in responding.  Life got in the way for a few days there.

Think I'll get with the Texas outfit and see what they think.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Andouille:

I'm thinking this diameter is too small to thread, from what I've looked at on-line for dies and breaks and what-not
View Quote

Have been checking this thread periodically. I'm in the same boat as you with a PARS RML, not much left to thread with. Were you able to get any help from Class3 or elsewhere?.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Just an idea. You could thread it to a common size (7/16x20 or whatever).  Then make/buy a internal threaded sleeve and then use a 14x1L die and lock tight it on.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:29:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: InterestedBystander] [#7]
Originally Posted By Andouille:

I'm thinking this diameter is too small to thread, from what I've looked at on-line for dies and breaks and what-not.

Did find this adapter, but it's 0.500" and thinking it might be too loose  http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30090

Any suggestions, or is any thought of threading this critter just hosed?
View Quote

Wondering if there was any success in finding an alternative?  Thers's a MISR SA with   OD of 0.481" and first/only smith went to so far said no.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I gave up on the idea of threading mine. I am going to see if I can get some round bar stock and thread it to, 14x1 LH, bore the center to the OD of the barrel and use high temp silver solder to mount it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if it would work to install an AK-100 front sight block? Then the turned down threads wouldn't matter.

Has anyone ever tried this solution?

K-Var has the FSBs, but I've never seen a Maadi with one installed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#10]
If it were me, I'd thread the barrel an appropriate pitch for the existing diameter and then would made an adapter with the internal thread matching the barrel and the external being 14-1lh. Hell, you wouldn't even need to thread the barrel and simply make the adapter and braze it on to the muzzle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#11]
At one time they made flash hiders that slipped on to pin for those who had turned down no threaded barrels. I’m wondering if A place I know would make them? Or maybe my cousin? Mines threaded so just got to get one for mine. But someone maybe making them out there as I know they was offed in couple sizes for several different aks years ago. Just can’t remember who had them if it was kvar or thinking maybe the other well known ak parts place. Name slips me right now have to find it, lol.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I took a Bulgarian muzzle nut, and used JB weld on my MISR-10 Semi Auto (1/2" turned down muzzle). Worked perfect and the bayonet works well on it also.  CNC Warrior used to make a 1/2x28 slant break, been been out of stock for years.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top