Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/24/2018 9:48:32 PM EDT
Does anyone know how Czechpoint modified the Magpul short handguard to fit their Vz58s?  They had a run of Vz58 Tacticals a while back with the shorter handguard, and they do a few runs here and there.  Local shop is closing out the Magpul AK stuff so I bought a short handguard for a song, and figured I'd try and mate it to my Vz58
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
In for any answers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bartman1] [#2]
Here is what I did using a Dremel tool and an end grinder with a long hand guard. Heavy modification of the rail, handguard and the VZ2008 ensued. Not for the faint of heart.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOXRRyzgjq0rwSsi_nWjGmiKXjeZZbBswiVS_iF
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
More pics https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPgsuYbTxZYS75EXi75-37BXqIve2UMQ7Ocu8DN
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to cut about an inch off the old handguard on the retainer side and slip it into the magpul guard as a spacer. Some cutting/shaving on the receiver side and removing the heat shield. If you want a heat shield you'll need to get some aluminum flashing from a hardware store and rig something up. If youre going to mount an accessory at the 6 oclock you can share hardware between them to mount it in.
Aside from that, theres some filing on the inner ribs of the handguard so that the upper piston cover clears it. I personally use the NEA piston covers since theyre less than half the weight of the original and mate better with the Magpul guards.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top