Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2020 1:55:14 AM EDT
Picked up a maadi arm acc/intrac imported 1993 model AC serial number code akm. I got a aftermarket railed dust cover on it and ati coyote furniture on it. It desperately needs refinished but in good shape and runs good. I would like to find a akm correct dust cover for it like what came on it. I have found one source that had numbered and non numbered akm dust covers. I found several sources but maybe couple has correct look. Anyone got one laying around extra they know is Egyptian akm take off or least Russian? I have not stripped it down to clean it yet. But I do want to put a flash hider on it. Unfortunately the bayonet lugs was grounded down flat on the sides. I also would like put original like furniture on it. I’m not sure what trigger group in it.
What is group size most getting at 100yrds? Best accurate ammo does your maadi arm akm like?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:48:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: imarangemaster] [#1]
Congrats!  Love my MAADI!

My CAI Maadi MISR-10 SA does 3-4 MOA with iron sights and my 67 year old eyes using white box Ulyanovsk 8M3.  

Sources for AKM parts and furniture are APEX, RTG, and Desert Fox sales.  If you want to refinish it totally, strip the paint os with JASCO or Citri-strip, wash and rinse in hot, soapy water, the clear hot water and let dry in the sun.  I would use Rustoleum High Temp semi-gloss black paint. Use about 4-5 THIN coats, allowing to dry in between.  This is the system I used refinisjing Saigas that I "restored" to military spec.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bravo2] [#2]
I took mine to range just had enough time to check it for function before getting dark. It runs good. Not cleaned it yet and it maybe ugly right now since a lot of scratches through the enamel paint but I really like it. I got to find a old akm dust cover. Like to see some of your pics of what original ones looked like. I found couple sources for them but one is none serial number and new like and interested in it but price. All the others are reasonable but condition is like grade 3 which poor side. I also found Hungarian akm for mainly said cane off the md65. They look good also. But the ones from Lee mags I was interested in but he is not very helpful to get better pics of the sides for comparison of the one interested in. He has 3 categories listed. No serial number ones is pricey or I could get serial number one that don’t match and save a bit. I was leaning on his best grade ones more toward no serial number one as I like to refinish my ak for sure to look good after I get a akm dust cover for it so it will all match. I like to put on a thin durable paint that won’t cover up any markings. I probably will do it myself and try the high temp rusteolum semi gloss paint. I would like to get a replacement bayonet lug for it. Only one I seen was a Romanian akm one. But at same time kinda want to keep it original. But for sure need to find good wood furniture.

Man the magazines everything I got different brands all fit and work flawless like there made for it. Just tells me the ak back then was made right! It’s been a long time since I had a ak not finicky picky on what brand ak mags it uses. Long ago I was use to the old Chinese ak’s and they would take a lot of the mags just not all. My Yugo ak’s are more picky forsure and all the ones I have a lot they don’t like and the maadi fine with them all. I thought about buying some Hungarian ak mags for extra mags and see how they fit. My eg mags work good. Got to clean and paint them also.

I have not broke it down and cleaned it yet and it needs it I’m sure. Anyone got a extra akm dust cover that’s old and same as what came on these old maadi’s let me know. From what I can tell reading they had rolled inward edges on the ejector opening area. Ones I found I’m not sure if they are or not. I read early ones was thick metal more pronounced ribs and newer akm dust covers in general was thinner. I saw a cool Russian one new but really old look but it was very pricey.

I gave $850 for it and think it was worth it even though liked to gotten it cheaper. Just don’t see them in my area been long time on the earlier ones. Not shot it see what it do group wise it hope not poor but I know what most aks do avg wise. Hoping it shoots a bit better. Just got to see what ai ammo it likes best.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top