Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2019 4:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: double_trouble_2003]
Digging in the back of the safe, pulled out what I was told was a Maadi when I took it on trade some years ago.

Im not finding any useful information on the receiver markings and am hoping you can help.

Is it a Maadi? What's the receiver? What's the value of a 30 year old kit?

Thanks
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely a Maadi kit build.  Not sure on the receiver, the spot welds on the side look different than most.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:05:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: seekwolf] [#2]
It’s a kit maadi ... I’m not sure if the front trunnion writing has been cloned over in the states as I see strong western influences on the caliber scribing .

Is the rear sight in Arabic bud ?

Is the barrel original?
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Rear sight is Arabic.
Attachment Attached File

The receiver has Russian writing and is marked by James River. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seekwolf] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By double_trouble_2003:
Rear sight is Arabic.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31659/20190421_101911_jpg-920236.JPG

The receiver has Russian writing and is marked by James River. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31659/20190331_164613_jpg-920238.JPG
View Quote
On your front trunion their should be some Arabic writing . Do a little google translation and it’ll tell you what year the kit is . Then we’ll see how old the kit is . 30 years ago is probable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 11:25:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#5]
Originally Posted By seekwolf:

On your front trunion their should be some Arabic writing . Do a little google translation and it’ll tell you what year the kit is . Then we’ll see how old the kit is . 30 years ago is probable.
View Quote
The trunnion has a 1988 date on it. OP, it looks like you have a really nice Egyptian kit with desireable all Arabic parts. I would personally replace that receiver with one that's more "correct" (those spot welds are disgusting), but I realize that's not as feasible if you have to send it out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

The trunnion has a 1988 date on it. OP, it looks like you have a really nice Egyptian kit with desireable all Arabic parts. I would personally replace that receiver with one that's more "correct" (those spot welds are disgusting), but I realize that's not as feasible if you have to send it out.
View Quote
Once I zoomed in 500% I could see the markings on the front trunnion haha

That’s the same year as my maadi Arabic military kit

OP assuming it has a us barrel and built by JRA who is not anything to write home about in terms of premium builders you still have great value in just the Egyptian parts
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top