Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2020 9:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1saxman]
Some of these have a very stiff spring on the push-button for folding or un-folding the stock, and sometimes you'll find some play in the stock when un-folded. Notice the push-button has a screwdriver slot; use this to unscrew it and take it out -. do this with the rifle upside down so the spring doesn't fall out. Put some light grease (like Super Lube) in there, then put the screw back in. Tighten the screw but just tight, not 'farmer tight'. The top end of this hole is open and can be seen with removal of the action cover but you have to grease it from the lower side for it to be effective. It should now be easier to push and the stock should lock up firmly. And never forget, you have to push the button to un-fold the stock too!
To lube the rest of the mechanism without taking it apart, get some Super Lube spray. Using the straw, flood the hinge area and move the stock back and forth. The solvent will evap fast leaving the grease behind. Wipe off excess.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I might have to try this. my stock is really stiff.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been thinking about my AMD65 lately and for some reason realizing a few things about it after having it about 15 years. For one, with its 'wire' stock, it presents very little difficulty in shooting with the stock folded. In fact, it is completely functional like that, mag changes included, and the stock securely locks, folded or open. Plus, you have the front and rear pistol grips which offer firm control without the stock, unlike an AK pistol which cannot have a VFG.
With a dot sight mounted in place of the rear sight leaf, you have the ability to quickly hit multiple targets, as opposed to using the stock and iron sights where you have to align three things to hit a target - much faster. With the dot sight, you can keep both eyes open and just shoot when the dot is on the target.
Being stored in a vehicle with the stock folded offers the convenience of the pistol without a brace, but because it is a rifle and can have the front grip, you can fire with control from the hip or direct aimed fire as you wish.
The only drawback to it when compared to a pistol is the barrel length of 16" which includes an extension/brake.
What brought all this up is I have been thinking of getting an AK pistol and I just never considered using the AMD65 in place of a pistol. Now that I have thought about it, I think I just saved $1000.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve seen some 1913 railed adapters online that take various railed stocks online, but I haven’t bought one.  I’ve have been thinking had about going that route though.

Something like’

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:31:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1saxman] [#4]

Wait; 'railed stock adapter'? I don't know what that is but I thought you were talking about railed sight adapters. Anyway, I use this Strike Indus. one that I don't think is available anymore. It looks like it would be springy but its completely suitable for any use.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 2:35:52 AM EDT
[#5]
jmac makes an adopter and you can use whatever you want.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 7:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dcs12345] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
jmac makes an adopter and you can use whatever you want.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/313126/103415804_348506929444574_39882717454897-1473229.JPG
View Quote

Why yes...yes they do...

My ugly AMD65....

@Jozsi
It looks like I have my stock set one notch higher up then the one in your pic.
the one thing I don’t like about the jmac rail with the sig stock is when it is one notch lower, the bottom of folder jams into my hand....then when I move it up, the cheek weld gets a little compressed when using the 100 sight setting...but still useable
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

Why yes...yes they do...

My ugly AMD65....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82036/85D1DA95-5CEA-4974-A880-F9CF814B0AC2-1473947.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82036/AE171499-FBD6-4E09-8D3E-0923296E742A-1473949.jpg

@Jozsi
It looks like I have my stock set one notch higher up then the one in your pic.
the one thing I don’t like about the jmac rail with the sig stock is when it is one notch lower, the bottom of folder jams into my hand....then when I move it up, the cheek weld gets a little compressed when using the 100 sight setting...but still useable
View Quote

Nice upper handguard!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:21:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dcs12345] [#8]
Originally Posted By mouthpiece:

Nice upper handguard!!
View Quote

What’s wrong with the lower....?

I do have the matching lower handguard somewhere....but I like the romy dong
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top