Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2021 3:43:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OneMoreAR]
I bought this about 8 years ago without a stock for $399.  I installed the folding wire stock and have shot a few hundred rounds through it without any problems.

Sportier 7.62 x 39
Pioneer Arms Corp
Radon Poland

I had heard that the Poland AK's are good quality and sometime after purchase I read on here to be very wary of the I.O. AK's as the build quality is poor.   I have no high rivets and everything seems tight.  
The only upgrades I did are a Magpul grip and a Tapco flash hider.

I'm going to post some photos for your viewing pleasure.  Just how bad is it?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Well it won't allow me to post any more photos, but you can see it pretty good.   It did come with the rubber buffer stop and I've left it there.  Should I remove it?

What kind of hand guard could I use to replace those crappy plastic pieces?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OneMoreAR] [#1]
I've now ordered a laminated wood stock set to include handguards.  Stock set  I'll post photos after next week's receipt, fitting and install.  I think it'll really dress up this rifle and improve functionality.

What is a good flash hider?  There has to be something better than this Tapco piece.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 3:01:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OneMoreAR] [#2]
Whatcha think?  Wednesday I took it out and emptied a Romanian 72-round drum with no stoppages.  It ate every one of them.  

Today I'm cleaning it.  What's a good flash hider for this rifle?  I guess the Tapco works okay, for what it is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#3]
There appear to be 2 versions. IO assembled kits and IO imports. The kits are where the problem is. IO hired the trained squirrels from century for assembly
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope I have the better of the two IO options.  It seems pretty solid for a trashcan gun, but I'm no AK expert.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an InterArms Pioneer Arms that I purchased new a few months ago, and out of a half dozen AKs that I have owned, it’s one of the nicest. I replaced the furniture with original Polish, and it also shoots great. If there are issues with its construction, I sure can’t tell. The rivets are tight, and the finish is top notch.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tim01433] [#6]
Your rifle looks really nice with the wood furniture
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:20:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NATIONALIST] [#7]
The problem with those IO Polish AKMs is  cast parts instead of forgings. 😮
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#8]
So how does one rectify this concern?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Not going to matter, millions of people have millions of cast parts in their rifles and handguns and they work just fine, its like covid, you have a %99.99999 chance of not having any issues with it, and some people just want to scare others with regurgitated information they have heard on the internet.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with your rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you for that reply @Hooch33.  I'll run it to failure, and that may not ever happen.

I've been looking at the ghost ring sights, specifically one from GG&G.  They offer 800 meter and 1,000 meter options.  This rifle currently has the 1,000M design so it makes sense to select the same in its replacement.  Is there any reason I should instead select the 800M option?

GG&G Ghost Ring Sight
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top