Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/12/2022 3:31:23 PM EDT
If anyone remembers the ones Sportsmans Guide used to sell, pre 2005 barrel ban. All matching.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By timb3:
If anyone remembers the ones Sportsmans Guide used to sell, pre 2005 barrel ban. All matching.

Thoughts?
View Quote

I don't think I've ever seen an AK with a serialized barrel. I have seen stuff like DPs with serialized barrels.

Honestly, something like a Green MTN barrel is probably perfect for anything 99.999% of us will do with an AK.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:30:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: timb3] [#2]
Not talking about serialized barrels. I'm talking about the kits that came into the country with the original bulgarian barrels intact, back before the atf started making importers cut the barrels up. Just looking for thoughts on the value of those old kits these days. They were much easier for builders.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:57:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: adh] [#3]
If you find the right buyer I'd guess $3K+
This Russian Tula kit doesn't even include a barrel and its already over $3500
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932310265
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By timb3:
Not talking about serialized barrels. I'm talking about the kits that came into the country with the original bulgarian barrels intact, back before the atf started making importers cut the barrels up. Just looking for thoughts on the value of those old kits these days. They were much easier for builders.
View Quote

I'm not sure it's an ATF thing. Most euro countries consider the pressure holder to be the regulated part. The barrel.

It's really not much more difficult, just more expensive. Get a kit, get a barrel, assemble it all.

Anything with an intact barrel will be $$$. I can sell my Bulgarian AKSU barrel for about what I paid for the kit + builder fees these days. My AKS74 barrel goes for nearly what I have into the entire rifle when I built it!

If hate to see what a surplus DPM barrel runs these days as my build has one of those too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top