Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2022 12:03:29 AM EDT
I heard on the different forums and the ak Reddit that polish mags like https://atlanticfirearms.com/fb-radom-ak-5-56-beryl-30rd-magazine work but would like to confirm b4 purchasing
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I cannot answer your question about the Polish mags, but are used AK 74 mags in mine and they worked fine as long as I loaded 25 rounds or less. I never had an issue. Sometimes I would get a jam if I loaded 30 rounds. As I said in another reply to a similar question, there should be a tutorial available online on how to trim the followers to make them feed reliably. I’m pretty sure that a distributor of Romanian Sar threes was actually shipping AK 74 magazines with this modification along with new production rifles.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, in mine they do.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
I cannot answer your question about the Polish mags, but are used AK 74 mags in mine and they worked fine as long as I loaded 25 rounds or less. I never had an issue. Sometimes I would get a jam if I loaded 30 rounds. As I said in another reply to a similar question, there should be a tutorial available online on how to trim the followers to make them feed reliably. I’m pretty sure that a distributor of Romanian Sar threes was actually shipping AK 74 magazines with this modification along with new production rifles.
View Quote

This was true- Century imported the SAR-3, and modified EG bakelite mags, stamped them .223 on the baseplate.  Not 100% with .223 though, but they still worked fine for 5.45.

Just lost mine in the bottom of a trench playin mil sim west.  Expensive mag to lose…

I would try one of the AC Unity mags- very cheap so you can modify if needed without feeling bad.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top