Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2021 5:19:48 PM EDT
I stopped in a Rural King in Florida and they had a stack of 1200 round cases of tracers for $1300 a case. 1 single large spam can inside a green wooden crate. The can had 4 pull tabs. I did not grab a picture. It would be interesting but but not at $1+ a round.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sound like Czech. I'd heard some came in but am surprised. AFAIK, tracers aren't importable. Curious how they came in. Some Czech short range tracer came in last year, also a mystery to me...

Love to see pics to confirm ID...
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I did not grab a pic. I am like you and thought tracer could not be imported.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#3]
According to a 2016 dated ATF document, tracers are not importable because they are not "sporting ammunition". I doubt that has changed.

Tracers, API, etc.. have turned up in shipments of regular ball ammuniton by mistake over the years, but in relatively small quantities. For there to be stacks of it available at a retail store is surprising.

The one constant is that the 7.62x39mm short range tracer and this tracer that have turned up in quantity recently are both Czech.

Something has changed or this stuff slipped in un-noticed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to a 2016 dated ATF document, tracers are not importable because they are not "sporting ammunition". I doubt that has changed.

Tracers, API, etc.. have turned up in shipments of regular ball ammuniton by mistake over the years, but in relatively small quantities. For there to be stacks of it available at a retail store is surprising.

The one constant is that the 7.62x39mm short range tracer and this tracer that have turned up in quantity recently are both Czech.

Something has changed or this stuff slipped in un-noticed.
View Quote

What a bunch of crap this government has on the second amendment. "Sporting purpose". Lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, The cans were not opened
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, there were 6 cases here in Florida @ Rural King. I split a case with like minded friends at work. They wouldn't budge on the price even with buying multiple cases or open a can.  

I was going to post some cutaway pictures from the Czech armory. Got it! The top line, 2nd from the left is the tracer & the bottom line, the 2nd  one on the right is short range training ammo which I also got from SG ammo before the chicom bug hit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I am curious to hear about the ammo. Corrosive ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am curious to hear about the ammo. Corrosive ?
View Quote

Yes, it’s corrosive.  Czech military surplus tracers date 1978-79 in sealed tins within its wooden crate.  1220 rounds for $1199 at Rural King.  From what I understand price was lowered from $1300.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I think this is the same one I saw down at Rural King they were saying it was Sellier&Bellot surplus from 1978 if I remember right. Didnt happen to notice it was tracer.

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Sv-43 and the green stripe ID it as tracer. Yes, "bxn" is the military head stamp code used by S&B.

Man, if I had a Rural King near me I'd be tempted to buy a case, keep some and flip the rest.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw it in a Rural King yesterday marked down to $899.99 a case. Still expensive
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw it in a Rural King yesterday marked down to $899.99 a case. Still expensive
View Quote

I would buy that if available near me.  Its not going to be easier to get than that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I started seeing this ammo show up in the RK near me back in May of this year, but stock tickets showed it was delivered back in March. The clerks said only one case had been sold of the 8 originally delivered. I bought a case & promptly sold it to folks who wanted it locally, but not in a case lot size & RK sold case lots only. $1299.95 was more than folks here could stomach.

Knowing that it was not supposed to be here & sold online for upwards of $2.00 a round, I purchased another case before it was gone as the cases were starting to sell when people figured out what it was. Half of that was sold to more folks local so a 3rd case was purchased. All these were bought @ the insane price of $1299.95, then rumors started of RK dropping prices. My store wouldn't deal, but the Ocala store 60 miles to the South dropped their prices to $899.95, so it was off to get case number 4.

In November, there was a MVPA meeting for military truck owners in Zephyrhills, FL. & the RK store there has the same ammo in an 8 case pile for $699.95, but I was done buying this ammo as no more folks wanted any. Odd things show up @ the weirdest places. My store late last month dropped their prices to $699.95 & they sold out selling at least a dozen or more cases this year. I can't see how this volume of Czech tracer ammo was imported & sold thru RK of all retail stores.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I have some orange tip x39 tracers. My little brother started a fire with them years ago
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#16]
They seem to light up at about 100 yards.
7.62x39mm, 115gr FMJ Tracer, Czech by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

7.62x39mm Czech Tracer Macros
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#17]
For what it is worth, Czech and Yugo 7.62x39mm tracer cartridges have a copper foil moisture barrier at the base of the projectile (as seen in Buffman's excellent pics). Every other military spec. T-45 tracer type I've examined (Russia, WP, China, etc.) does not have one. Moisture is typically what kills tracer projectiles, so theoretically, these two types will store better/longer if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Saw this Czech ammo at our Rural King today with the Sv-43 and "bxn" markings, but the label said it was 124 grains, not 115 as indicated in the post above.  Can anybody post pics of the packaging inside the metal can?
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top