Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2013 9:19:21 PM EDT
A friend of mine has a Egyptian Maadi AK for sale.
He hasn't priced it to me yet and I am suppose to look at it later in the week.
It's all original, suppose to be in good shape, and has wood thumb-hole stock .
In today's market, what's it worth? I know prices are crazy right now, but realistically what is it worth?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Check gunbroker  prices...crazy or not,it's what shit is selling for
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill make up a number $1400
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
What model and importer?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#4]
If the importer is PARS INC or ACC Intrac it's a good gun.

Some of them have threaded barrels with a nut tack welded over them, others have the third Y & I stamps.  A few even have both, adding the most value
However some have had the muzzle thread turned down

If the importer is Century....

If it's a MISR

If it's a MISR 90 it's a franken gun built from a mix of Chinese parts and an Egyptian receiver. The worst option out there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:24:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptnTony] [#5]
First, sorry to resurrect an old post, but this seems like the most likely spot for this sort of question (and because I haven't found the 'new topic' button yet amongst all the colors)

I'm looking at purchasing my first AK.  I know my max bid for this rifle, so just trying to make sure I know what questions to ask before I push the 'bid' button :)

Where would it show that it was a MISR?

On the left (rear) it says RML Semi Automatic Rifle; Caliber 7.62 x 39; Maadi Company; Made in Egypt

From the pictures I've received, I believe there is a 'serial number' on the left front that is: ESH 00562.

From the research I've done today here, I believe it to be a PARS MRL (but waiting for images from the right side, thinking that's where that stamp will be).

Because I don't yet have pictures from the right side, I want to make sure that I'm not getting a MISR.  Would that be stamped where this one has MRL ?

Thanks in advance.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z146/CaptnTony/Maadi%20AK47/158_zps45b4fa7b.jpg

Don't see it stamped anywhere on the bottom.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z146/CaptnTony/Maadi%20AK47/159_zpsc92e3f8a.jpg

The image with what I think is the serial number (is there anywhere to look those up to find out more about her?)
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z146/CaptnTony/Maadi%20AK47/153_zps1d415052.jpg

Thanks in advance.  Looking forward to hearing this isn't one of the MISRs  :)
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Pars should be marked on the front right side:

I love mine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!  

I just got some additional photographs and that's indeed what is there.  :)
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top