Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/5/2022 2:25:04 PM EDT
I imagine lube and grease maintenance threads have been beat to death but I thought this might be interesting fir those who have never heard of this type of grease or are not familiar with its use in track hoes equipped with hydraulic hammers (pecker hoe).
 So I had a few tubes sitting in my garage and decided to try it out on my ar,ak and a few other guns. It is staying put longer and I can't say difference in wear with only a few hundred rounds.
 This type of grease is designed for sever duty of metal parts having direct contact and slamming together. Gorilla grease and NPK are the two brands I have on hand. In my mind it seems more logical especially with the design of the ak bolt carrier and how the parts including rails interact with each other. Also thus type of grease has a much higher temperature rating than automotive chassis grease or lithium
  I know the century vska is a hated rifle,buy at 300 dollars unfured I figured why not. It was unfired when I purchased it and currently have 6k rounds through it. This is the only ak I'm actually taking micrometer readings and frequently check with both no go and field gauges. So far it's doing well and I have seen appreciable wear on any parts. I doubt it's due solely to this hydraulic hammer grease but it's holding up well so far.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top