Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2017 11:52:02 PM EDT
Hi guys....bought a VZ2008 and a D-Technik VZ58 back before the pistols were available from Czechpoint. I had a smith cut my VZ58 down to 11.75" bbl and it will only reliably cycle Brown Bear ammo (not Wolf or Golden Tiger FMJ).

A friend is looking to buy an AK pistol in X39 for an SBR project.....I told him about the VZs and now he's contemplating one of the Czechpoint pistols.....but he wants it to run all common ammo types available in the US: Wolf, Brown Bear, Tula, Golden Tiger, etc. since the AKs will.

I told him about my SBR's issue and knew other folks had run into similar problems. Just wondering if any owners of the factory pistol version can tell me what kind of reliability they are getting with Golden Tiger, Wolf, etc.

It would also be great if you can give a rough idea of ejection distance on spent cases.....I'm only getting 3-4 feet with the Brown Bear out of the SBR....the VZ2008 with 16" bbl gets more like 15-20'.

TIA,
Sean
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top