BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2023 6:28:56 PM EDT
I just wanted to say that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure at this point it’ll only happen if they get a request for them from a foreign military.

It’s gone from just way overpriced Arsenal mags to a good variety in recent years.  Arsenal is still there and way overpriced but there’s also WBP, FB Radom, AC-Unity, and the polymer commercial mag Zastava imports.  PSA now has their 5.56 mags in production as well if you need them for compliance.

I’d buy a handful of Magpul ones if they ever came out, just a very competitive space for them to break into now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Pretty sure at this point it’ll only happen if they get a request for them from a foreign military.

It’s gone from just way overpriced Arsenal mags to a good variety in recent years.  Arsenal is still there and way overpriced but there’s also WBP, FB Radom, AC-Unity, and the polymer commercial mag Zastava imports.  PSA now has their 5.56 mags in production as well if you need them for compliance.

I’d buy a handful of Magpul ones if they ever came out, just a very competitive space for them to break into now.
View Quote

Sadly you're probably right.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

View Quote

My WBPs have been bullet proof like the Arsenals. ACUnity have been good overall but occasionally have a hiccup.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 6:13:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridgeline] [#4]
They would show them off at the 2024 SHOT Show.

Tell everyone  they will be ready by Q4 that year.

By summer of 2025 everyone  will start getting mad.

They will then release them in the fall of 2028 with no fanfair and half  the customers will miss it and the other half gave up already and bought something  else.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline:
They would show them off at the 2024 SHOT Show.

Tell everyone  they will be ready by Q4 that year.

By summer of 2025 everyone  will start getting mad.

They will then release them in the fall of 2028 with no fanfair and half  the customers will miss it and the other half gave up already and bought something  else.
View Quote

Not your first time with Magpul I see.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
They missed the boat, too many other companies are making decent AK mags cheap at this point.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a small market for SIG 55X style mags that I'm sure will go unfilled.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I would buy some for my m85.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Market is soft right now for AK mags, i've been able to add some to my collection recently that two years ago would have been unaffordable.

Ammo prices are the main problem right now. AR's are cheap again, but 5.56 is not.

Everybody wants to make AK's now since the prices have steadily risen for the last 20 years, but the ammo is no longer affordable, so i'm guessing the price of AK's has about peaked, they'll have to get a lot cheaper if they want to sell a lot of them in the future + ammo price will need to fall as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Market is soft right now for AK mags, i've been able to add some to my collection recently that two years ago would have been unaffordable.

Ammo prices are the main problem right now. AR's are cheap again, but 5.56 is not.

Everybody wants to make AK's now since the prices have steadily risen for the last 20 years, but the ammo is no longer affordable, so i'm guessing the price of AK's has about peaked, they'll have to get a lot cheaper if they want to sell a lot of them in the future + ammo price will need to fall as well.
View Quote

Probably right. ARs can be had for $400 now. And hopefully PSA will really start cranking out their Soviet line of cool AK variants, that will bring down AK prices even more. The issue is lack of cheap blaster ammo, not ammo itself. Most AK owners just want to mag dump into trash or ponds.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Robertrtg.com has AC-Unity .223 AK mags that work great and are inexpensive.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top