Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2022 5:13:15 PM EDT
Rifle is good. Shot 250 rounds today and notice this will scrubbing yugo primer salt. Is it a crack or nah? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 7:16:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
I say no, but better pics would help and covering up the surrounding area with your red circle doesnt help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:
I say no, but better pics would help and covering up the surrounding area with your red circle doesnt help.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Yea that's a bad photo.  Is this better?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It's really hard to tell with either photo. From what I can see it could be a machining cut that they wanted to put there or a crack.

Do you have a thin probe like a dental pick or fine piece of wire? If you can get a probe into it it's a crack and I wouldn't shoot it any more. The bolt and trunnion would probably stay closed for a while if one side were missing any engagement but that isn't a theory I'd be testing with my own face.

On the bright side if it's a crack you get to take PSA's warranty process for  a test drive.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Update:

Psa kicks ass at customer service. Josiah personally inspected my rifle and called me to walk through what was done. It's a not a crack, it's a cut where they relieve the trunion for riveting. The gave everything a once over. I shot the rifle yesterday and everything is good to go.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top