Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/11/2024 9:12:07 PM EDT
guess Cugir is under new management , sent some reps to Century and told century they needed to charge more , because they were raising the prices , Century said no and the two left things in uncertain terms , century does have a sizable order to be delivered  but no guarantees after that
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Cugir makes solid budget AKs. Century imports and puts their name on imported stuff or lets their angry beavers jack up perfectly good parts kits.

Still, Cugir's stuff will go up in price now that they import their own and are getting uppity.

Probably not going to be good for consumer prices.
I  could be wrong.

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
can cugir do without Century's network , i think both rely on each other more than they are willing to let on
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think the market will tolerate what Cugir thinks they might, not for WASR's.

They're cocky in Romania right now, because they are selling a buttload of guns and especially ammo. When that changes at some point, they will have a whole lotta product sitting around and collecting dust as they desperately try to ramp down production.

That's when we'll see rifles and ammo at reasonable prices again.

They already got a little too cocky, and PSA is making the affordable AK's now, they may actually lose all their US marketshare if they don't come back with a $500.00 or less AK.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
I don't think the market will tolerate what Cugir thinks they might, not for WASR's.

They're cocky in Romania right now, because they are selling a buttload of guns and especially ammo. When that changes at some point, they will have a whole lotta product sitting around and collecting dust as they desperately try to ramp down production.

That's when we'll see rifles and ammo at reasonable prices again.

They already got a little too cocky, and PSA is making the affordable AK's now, they may actually lose all their US marketshare if they don't come back with a $500.00 or less AK.
View Quote
i agree with all of this , never owned one but i admit their qulity has improved , good for Century and shutting that "you need to increase the price"non-sense , we are in a recession , they wouldnt sell any
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
............ they may actually lose all their US marketshare if they don't come back with a $500.00 or less AK.
View Quote

Are you suggesting $500 in today's dollars or inflation adjusted from 10 year ago when they USED to be $500?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
899$. Rock bottom pricing.

PSA is gonna make an AR in 762x39, 25, 54r and 545x39, 556, 300, and 6.8 with a really big gas tube and piston rod which can also double as a BBQ spit.  They will call it the ARK series.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
899$. Rock bottom pricing.

View Quote

$849.00 at Atlantic.

Crazy times. I'm not a buyer anymore.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top