Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/16/2018 12:41:09 AM EDT
Bought an estate and got a VZ58 Sporter single stack. I emailed Czechpoint to see if they will mill the bottom to accept a standard mag. Anyone else had this done?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
CzechpointUSA should be able to help you out, and with the kit to get it 922 compliant. Great rifle, lots of fun.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Well Czechpoint says they don't do that anymore so I am screwed. They wont even put a new receiver on it for me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
you need someone with a milling machine. Also isnt the bolt different? Also i would ask someone for measurements of their double stack mag well. It can be done but it will take hours of research and phone calls.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HYDRASHOKMONTANA:
you need someone with a milling machine. Also isnt the bolt different? Also i would ask someone for measurements of their double stack mag well. It can be done but it will take hours of research and phone calls.
View Quote
The hell with it. I got into it dirt cheap, it's going on gun broker tonight. I already have one of the first import guns anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I did a WASR Romanian AK with nothing but a burr bit on a die grinder.

It was easy peasy on the sheet metal receiver, so I don't know about the solid VZ 58.

I just measured an AK mag and traced the pattern out on the back of a piece of cardboard to use as a template.

My gun even came with 922(r) compliance parts already installed so the mag well was all I needed to do to have a completely functional and compliant double stack AK.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top