Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2022 5:56:56 PM EDT
Any of you guys done a battle worn gun, looking for ideal's and pics.

Thanks Aug
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have done a few using steel wool.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a PSA, but Romy SAR-1.  Tried to imagine where it would get worn by constant handling, dingling, dropping, etc..  I used light sand paper on the high parts.  Wood set came from Atlantic (Romy BFPU).

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't you have a driveway op?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
These are exactly what I’m looking to do, pick up a gf3 tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Best way is to shoot it a bunch and handle it roughly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Hit metal with spray paint, then handle with wet sandy gloves for a couple days.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Most ppl screw up faux aging their guns.  Look up pics of actual duty/military rifles in the field and look at the wear patterns. High spots, some edges, and common touch points are the spots you need to "wear" down more. Some other ones and flats will get the very lightest of touches to knock the shine down.

Best option is to go less than you think then let natural wear and use do the rest of the work.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By weapons_free:
Don't you have a driveway op?
View Quote

Or a trashcan?
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top