Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2023 7:09:21 PM EDT
Hey all - been stewing around grabbing a SAM7R but google has brought up a bunch of bad reviews on them, quite a few stemming from here.  The last I read on here was from 2020 on an SLR107.... So the question is, is this still an issue? Have they worked out whatever kinks they were running into?  A new SAM7R-67 is running about $1950... which is a tad high if these are still hit or miss.... so just wondering if there are any folks out there with recent purchases and any input on whether this is still an ongoing issue.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of views, no responses so I hope that means I'm wrong.  Went ahead and bought a new SAM7R-67 in Plum.   Hope it's as nice as it looks in the pictures!
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought one about a year an a half ago, the gas block was canted way over to the left and the replacement they sent wasn't much better. Make sure to really look it over at your FFL before you take it home, once it's transferred, you are pretty much stuck with it. Only vendor I would buy one from now is Atlantic Firearms.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, hopefully you get a good one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks - Mine will be coming through gunprime distributors, they were the only one's that had the plum that I could find.  I will absolutely take your advice and look it over good.  Thank you for that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I have good luck. I’ve got 4 Arsenal Rifles and all of them are pretty straight. Just picked up a SAM7SF today and it is straight as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well that's excellent.  I hope mine is that way as well.  It should be in tomorrow evening so hopefully I can grab it.

If the front sight is canted, is there a fix specific to Arsenals?  I've seen plenty of YouTubes on fixing canted sights but wondering if there's anything unique about these sam's that require special tools or to be sent back?
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Picked up my sam and zero issues with the front sight.  To my eyes, it's perfectly straight.  So in that respect I am pleased. Thanks for your responses guys, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mic6010] [#7]
I own and have owned an Arsenal SA-M7, SAM7SF, SLR-104FR, 106FR and 107FR.  Never had an issue with any of them. All sights were straight and accuracy acceptable. Haven’t bought anything made by Arsenal in the last 6-7 years though but I can’t imagine it’s gotten that much worse.  Ymmv.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
up to 7 now and have had zero issues with any of them
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had 2 and GTG.  

The SAM7SF I have now will keep.  So nice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two.
They are both fine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Bought my SLR in 2011. Front sight base is crooked, but fit and function of everything else is good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Had an SLR104FR.

Wish I'd never sold it. Ran like a sewing machine. Quite accurate too.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top