Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/21/2023 3:11:09 PM EDT
Hello, all
Adding a suppressor to my AKV9 and I'm not sure about the installation of the QD flash hider. It currently has a muzzle break that is just loose and held by a detent. When I add a new muzzle device, do I just torque it in place to spec? For this particular device is 25 ft-lb. My concern is that it does not sit again the lip of the barrel but against the iron sight base. I'm new to AKs so terminology is off. Am I supposed to use an adapter of some sort?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I notched mine to fit the detent. Then it wouldn't run full auto reliably with the can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, not much info received. I just torqued it in place and seems to work just fine. The QD adapter doesn't even touch the detent.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top