Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2019 3:11:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisNTN]
I had installed the ALG Lighting Bow Trigger in my Lee Armory AKM and noticed some binding on the side of single hook ALG the the side bottom of the carrier. When cycling rearward by hand you can feel the carrier stop at the hook and then if you pull harder, it will slightly push or force that hook/trigger outwards towards the side. I worry about this kind of interference during firing. I'd imagine that the carrier could push that trigger outwards to the side with enough force to break the hook off or damage the trigger pin holes.

The amount that would have to be removed would be approximately .030"

Option #1: Mill a little off the side/bottom of carrier and only enough for clearance.

Option #2: Have my WireEDM guy thin down the single hook of the ALG Trigger only enough so it doesn't hit that bottom left of the carrier.

Option #1 Which is modifying the ALG triiger hook would void any warranty with ALG and that is a $90.00 fire control group. The #2 option of modifying the carrier which if doesn't work would cost me another carrier which will run $150.00 or so.

Anyone else out here in the AK world had this problem?

@ItalianPrincess
@GACS
@sagmill

Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking more about grinding a chamfer on the hook of the trigger but I really did not want to weaken it at all. With enough support for the bolt I went ahead an removed about .030" from the side of the bolt carrier that contacts the trigger hook. No binding now. All is good. Now I feel safe enough to test fire it.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top