Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2023 7:27:19 PM EDT
Just got in on the v with 10 mags and alg trigger. This will be my first 9mm blowback. Anything I need to know?

Seen some things about out of battery detonations, is that common or rare?

How do they do with hollow points? Have a lot of golden sabers to burn through.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:41:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ5326X2] [#1]
Mines been one of the most fun guns I've bought in a while.  Has been 100% reliable and pretty accurate.  I'd buy it again.  Haven't had a chance to run any in mine (keep meaning to) so it would be interesting to hear your results.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Concur this is one of the only guns I've bought that has made me giggle like an idiot.

If you're not at a range that's cool with "rapid fire, make sure you pull the trigger with some authority. If you are a bit light on it you'll be having some words with the RSO after a bit of a fun ride.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Incredibly fun gun, hope you have stacks of 9mm.

Using PSA magazines, 124gr speer ball was flawless. 147gr speer gold dot g2 would only feed reliably with 20 or less rounds in the mag.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I want one of these real bad
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Not aware of any OOB issues with the AKV.

KUSA on the other hand....
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

View Quote
any direct blowback 9mm has the potential for OOB issues.  Especially if there's no mechanism to ensure the bolt is forward and seated before the hammer releases,
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
any direct blowback 9mm has the potential for OOB issues.  Especially if there's no mechanism to ensure the bolt is forward and seated before the hammer releases,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:

Right, but I'm saying I haven't read any reports of AKV OOB issues. But I have with KUSA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the 7.62 pistol, and it's a hoot.

As an aside, has anyone tried to suppress one of these, either the 9mm or 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Got it In yesterday. Josiah is the man and hooked me up with the free 9mm promo they have going. (I didn’t add it to the cart like it says to )

Well put together, no shakes or rattles that shouldn’t be there.

Not sure when I’ll get out and shoot it but it is very cool.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By aswrg7:
I have the 7.62 pistol, and it's a hoot.

As an aside, has anyone tried to suppress one of these, either the 9mm or 7.62x39?
View Quote
Plenty

There are some good vids from a youtuber who does a comparison of the PSA vs KUSA suppressed on his channel.  I'll have to be at home to look it up as I can't remember the name of the channel.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Any tips on getting the folding brace to close? I’ve tried about everything and can’t get it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 1:02:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thunderopossom:
Any tips on getting the folding brace to close? I've tried about everything and can't get it.
View Quote
Put your thumb on the top of the mount.  Apply M.A.N. grip to the stock and squeeze it UP.  They're tight when new, loosen up SLIGHTLY as you wear it in.  

OP don't forget to check the screws that hold the rails on.  Mine backed out slightly after my first range trip.  Nothing a little blue loctite can't fix.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I just put the finishing touches on mine. Looking forward to a range trip next week.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The stock fold left and right, but I don't have any pics of it folded left.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Is the magwell poly or metal?  Swapable for glock mags?
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#17]
It bump fires very easily, enough to get me kicked out of my uspsa match. Contacted psa since it’s a known issue and they told me to pound sand. “It’s sold as a pistol, if you are shouldering it then you are using it illegally” direct quote. I replied that mine is an sbr and no response. So I have one for sale if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kyletattoo76:
It bump fires very easily, enough to get me kicked out of my uspsa match. Contacted psa since it's a known issue and they told me to pound sand. "It's sold as a pistol, if you are shouldering it then you are using it illegally" direct quote. I replied that mine is an sbr and no response. So I have one for sale if anyone is interested.
View Quote
Or you replace the ALG trigger with a std trigger.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Or you replace the ALG trigger with a std trigger.
View Quote

I have the standard trigger in mine, most of my buddies can get it to bumpfire pretty easily. I have the ALG in other AKs and prefer the ALG. Never had the ALG bumpfire.

I enjoy my AKV. I should shoot it more. I should also SBR it and add wood.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I like mine a lot. But I’ve also had a fair amount of OOB detonations, using Winchester white box.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I put an ALG trigger in mine before I ever shot it, and no issues at all. Very reliable and accurate and lot's of fun to shoot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I know I'm late to this.

I love mine. Has been 100% reliable.

I suck at bumpfire so I can't get it to. A friend of mine can make mine bumpfire like a champ!
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not into the whole bump fire thing, and most ranges will frown on that activity. I mostly shoot mine at 50 yards, and it has proved itself very accurate at that distance. It's a very addictive firearm to shoot and lots of fun too, one of the best firearm purchases I have ever made for sure.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:43:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man] [#24]
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top