Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2020 5:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seargeantjim]
Hello all,

New to the platform, let alone the AK bullpup platform. I have a chance at buying a century arms 5.45 bullpup for about 200. With that being said there is no trigger reset unless you manually cycle the bolt. Ex) insert magazine, rack a round into the chamber, first round fires and ejects loading a new round in. Now theres a dead trigger, no reset unless you rack the bolt manually ejecting a cartridge to replace it with another.

Any ideas or if it's worth even getting? I know I know, century arms... but I've also seen some decent products from them too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
For 200 bucks, sure, it's fixable I am pretty sure.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Worst comes to worst I'm wondering if it's possible to turn it back into a aks74 clone... could be a fun project.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:41:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NWRed] [#3]
At $200 Id buy it in a heartbeat.
IIRC with the Century Ak74 bullpups no front sight and a modified rear sight block. Had one once years ago and sold it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 4:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter53] [#4]
Is there any chance the disconnector is not catching the hammer and its getting hammer follow?  When you rack it without your finger on the trigger it sounds like your getting reset, so that’s where I would start.  It’s ejecting and feeding next round so you should have enough carrier movement to reset the hammer but for what ever reason it’s not, so good I’m guessing something to do with your FCG.... but yea for 200 I would scoop it up and it’s has to be fixable....
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top