Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2023 2:36:23 AM EDT
I'm planning to buy some more 54r ammo. They has Bulgarian ammo as well as Russian .Is one better then the other or both pretty much the same ,
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty much the same
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy all you can afford if it's reasonable.

The days of cheap 54R are definitely in the rearview mirror!

I stacked the under $100 crates deep and have some I gave less than $80 per crate for.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I grabbed a few cans of non corrosive 54r when Academy clearanced them out. It is a lifetime supply from a slow bolt action rifle
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 3:02:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmad2001] [#4]
Originally Posted By hughesscot1:
I'm planning to buy some more 54r ammo. They has Bulgarian ammo as well as Russian .Is one better then the other or both pretty much the same ,
View Quote

You say "they has" .  Who are "they"?  And what are you firing out of?

If you're just looking for mass plinking fodder and don't mind  cleaning up action & barrel corrosive  after then range within 24hrs then, no, it prob doesn't matter especially if semi autos.  But if you're  looking at working with PUSnipers and slower accuracy work then don't bother wi milsurp and just go to most affordable commercial such as 150gr PRVI soft point or 180gr S&B FMJ .  

I've got thousands of rounds of milsurp crates I'm thinking of liquidating for newer more accurate stuff.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top