Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2018 12:18:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beamy]
I've had a Czech Point VZ-58 in 7.62x39 for about six years now and am pretty impressed with it.

I'm thinking about picking up another 5.56mm rifle and thought about picking up a Czech Point VZ-58 in 5.56.

How are they as far as reliability is concerned?

I'd also be looking at picking up a magwell adapter for it as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that the shortest one can be picky...but the 11" one is the best variant.

I wouldn't get the AR adapter...the Czech mags are cheap and made to work well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It's tempting to get one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thehun06:
I've heard that the shortest one can be picky...but the 11" one is the best variant.

I wouldn't get the AR adapter...the Czech mags are cheap and made to work well.
View Quote
didn't realize the Czech mags were inexpensive
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The 7.5" is pretty finicky, the 11.5" is slightly less so.  They are both overgassed.  Never had a 16", so no experience, my guess is more reliability.

I really like them, little recoil, fairly accurate.

I had the AR adapters, never got them to work reliably in competition, don't even think about monopodding.  Anyone wanting an adapter for half price let me know.

The Czech mags are $25, but occasional sales and blem deals show up.  They work flawlessly even when I slam down prone in the dirt.

Will never compete with an AR, but lots of fun and usually gets attention at the range.

Will be shooting this one at Red Oktober in a few weeks. (Minus the adapter)

Other one.

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Howlin_Mad:
The 7.5" is pretty finicky, the 11.5" is slightly less so.  They are both overgassed.  Never had a 16", so no experience, my guess is more reliability.

I really like them, little recoil, fairly accurate.

I had the AR adapters, never got them to work reliably in competition, don't even think about monopodding.  Anyone wanting an adapter for half price let me know.

The Czech mags are $25, but occasional sales and blem deals show up.  They work flawlessly even when I slam down prone in the dirt.

Will never compete with an AR, but lots of fun and usually gets attention at the range.

Will be shooting this one at Red Oktober in a few weeks. (Minus the adapter)

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Howlin_Mad_pics/VZs/9fef1eb5-8044-4b63-9d73-b305aea3986c.jpg

Other one.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Howlin_Mad_pics/VZs/VZ2055620SBR201.jpg
View Quote
thanks for the info, I think I might just go with the Czech magazines and the black standard furniture to differentiate it from it's 7.62 brother if I wind up buying one.

Are there any 922r issues if I swap out the collapsible stock for a standard or folding stock?
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]
not sure though if it would make sense to shell out $1200 for one of these since it takes it own magazines
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Beamy:
not sure though if it would make sense to shell out $1200 for one of these since it takes it own magazines
View Quote
I personally wouldnt. Theyre all fiddly, including the 16" and 18.5" variants. The mag adapter is really wimpy, so its a lot of money to spend on a range toy. X39 is where its at with these guns IMO
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Epiphanes:
I personally wouldnt. Theyre all fiddly, including the 16" and 18.5" variants. The mag adapter is really wimpy, so its a lot of money to spend on a range toy. X39 is where its at with these guns IMO
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Epiphanes:
Originally Posted By Beamy:
I'm thinking if I go with a 5.56 to go with me 7.62 I'll go with the Czech mags
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top