Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2016 7:44:15 AM EDT
looking at different options for mounting a red dot on my 104ur.  Ultimak, Midwest Industries, any other ideas?  Recoil magazine issue 26.  
what brand forearm is on Jim Fuller's 74URD?

I want it to mount a low as possible.  any experience with Primary Arms micro red dot?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By infantryman:
looking at different options for mounting a red dot on my 104ur.  Ultimak, Midwest Industries, any other ideas?  Recoil magazine issue 26.  
what brand forearm is on Jim Fuller's 74URD?

I want it to mount a low as possible.  any experience with Primary Arms micro red dot?
View Quote

I run a primary arms advanced micro dot on my SLR 104.

I use stormwerks picitanny rail on both my SLR 104UR and my Yugo M85 Krink. They're more permanent as you have to drill holes in your dust cover but IMHO they look very nice and keep the original look on my Krinks as far as up front. I can remove the dot and still use my irons as well as the rail sits below the iron sights. I run an ultimak rail on my SLR 104 FR with the same red dot and it's an awesome mount as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the same boat OP, if my stamp ever comes back.
I'm leaning towards a ultimak.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Stormwerks rail and a pa dot. I like the rail because I can take the dot off the gun to look like the gun everyone thinks of as an ak74u

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
IM using a Ultimak with a Micro H-1 and it has been great. The perfect cowitness to the iron sights might be a bit distrating for some but it doesnt bother me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I use an ultimak with primary arms micro dot on my 106u along with a few other aks. The primary arms has held up fine even with the heat from the ultimak and if it does fail I can co witness my iron sights...

James
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cav01c14] [#6]
If you have a drill the stormwerks mount is the way to go in my eyes. I'm sure the Midwest rail would be good as well but I went with the mount. A side mount is also a great option however it won't fold and lock with that option.

I use a Burris fastfire 3 mounted on mine and it works great.  Also as an added bonus it will cowitness with my Po3.5x21 scope.

With the scope.

Without the scope

Plus as the other guy said take it off and it looks stock and you can still use the iron sights.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
TWS, últimak, MI optic specific handguard, RS regulate....
Lots of good options.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Ultimak is my choice. Sturdy , Functional, Non damaging/ Non permanent. It works great.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 to the Stormwerks. I think this is the best mounting solution by far unless you want a magnified optic

http://russianoptics.net/aksu.html

Z
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Attero Arms?  PA micro is gtg.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Ultimak gives you cowitness if that's a thing for you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
+1 to the Stormwerks. I think this is the best mounting solution by far unless you want a magnified optic

http://russianoptics.net/aksu.html

http://zenphotos.net/zenPhotos/File/Online/SVD/aKS74U/AKSU_Bulgy4_ZenitB11_T1_Left01.JPG

Z
View Quote
Sent you a email.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:23:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cartel-] [#13]
The UltiMAK optics mount is the answer that you seek.

I run the exact setup on my 107 and it is a winner. I will be replicating that setup on my 104UR once I receive it back from Rifle Dynamics.

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top