Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Fallout Amazon series (Page 32 of 35)
Page / 35
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The show takes place after NV and 4. Can't remember how many years. So it could still be lore correct just different timing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:33:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Hmmmm not ringing a bell for me. Lol.

Only guys I remember the Khans, Legion, Boomers, NCR, BoS, The Kings. Maybe it was info on Terminals?

I mostly skimmed through the reading stuff.

I guess the show is different lore wise, because in the show the NCR apparently got wiped out, but the Enclave exists. Where it's the opposite in FONV.
View Quote

Events of NV happen years before the show. Fallout isn’t very clear on the timeline of their games unless you pay attention imo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Events of NV happen years before the show. Fallout isn't very clear on the timeline of their games unless you pay attention imo.
View Quote

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Only guys I remember the Khans, Legion, Boomers, NCR, BoS, The Kings. Maybe it was info on Terminals?

I guess the show is different lore wise, because in the show the NCR apparently got wiped out, but the Enclave exists. Where it's the opposite in FONV.
View Quote

Arcade Gannon questline.  His parents were Enclave, the people he recruits are all Enclave.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: matto4785] [#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Todd Howard confirmed that the NCR isn't gone in a IGN interview. Shady Sands is gone and the NCR in that immediate area are weakened, but they exist elsewhere still. Also, the Enclave are known to have had a presence in Chicago(thats where ED-E came from). They likely had bases all throughout the US. We only know that the Enclave on the west coast and the Capital Wasteland have been destroyed. They could still exist all throughout the Midwest and South.  Lots of military bases in those areas for them to set up on.

Originally Posted By TaskForce:
The show takes place after NV and 4. Can't remember how many years. So it could still be lore correct just different timing.

Show takes place in 2296. It's the furthest in the lore timeline. Fallout New Vegas was in 2281 and Fallout 4 was in 2287.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Arcade Gannon questline.  His parents were Enclave, the people he recruits are all Enclave.
View All Quotes

Oh yeah, I remember Arcade Gannon. But sadly IIRC I progressed to where I couldn't do his quests or my completed quests canceled his out. I kinda remember this because I googled the best Companions in FONV and wasn't able to make him my Companion.

Mmm I dunno. I probably fucked something up or didn't try hard enough.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Oh yeah, I remember Arcade Gannon. But sadly IIRC I progressed to where I couldn't do his quests or my completed quests canceled his out. I kinda remember this because I googled the best Companions in FONV and wasn't able to make him my Companion.

View Quote

When I played Morrowind I killed several key characters near the end of the game and fucked the main quest up and didn't have backup saves and I had so much time invested I didn't want to start over. Never did beat that game. /tear
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BrentMG:

Ned Flanders the same argument can be made about what you're crying about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BrentMG:
Originally Posted By SG55xdude:

You found a single item in a game that has hundreds of hours of content to make an argument.  I am saying the show has a very sexual tone from the very beginning that the game never had.  It's mental gymnastics to say otherwise.

Ned Flanders the same argument can be made about what you're crying about.

Ha
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Yup the remnants IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PeterPangenderPhD:

The Ghoul/Cooper Howard, seems to have some kind of bunker at the end in the Hollywood Hills near what would have been his home. I'm guessing that is what he came out of on the quest to find his family in the last shot he is in from the series.

View Quote

I think that was just a back door out of the observatory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:57:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#11]

When I played Morrowind I killed several key characters near the end of the game and fucked the main quest up and didn't have backup saves and I had so much time invested I didn't want to start over. Never did beat that game. /tear
View Quote

I feel ya man..

I finished FONV shitfaced on Vodka

. All I remember is killing Mr House. Blacked out after that. Lol.

I was trying to be aligned with NCR as I saw them as the most pro-Democratic faction in the FO world. LOL

*yes FO nerds... I know every faction has big moral issues*
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:44:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Moldaver is interesting. I watched it a second time.

Vault-Tec bought every company she ever worked for, and it is implied heavily that she's working on technology related to prolonging life. I would bet that she's the one who invented the technology used by Bud Askins for Vault 31. This would explain why she is still around, but unknown to Hank, as she may have had a pod (or pods) somewhere else. It also may have been that Hank new her, but by saying anything he'd open the can of worms.

She's the "Flame Mother" and worked at Hollywood Forever, which is a cemetery and crematorium. The flame and death connection there is obvious, as is the title "forever" and life extension. Through their ashes thing is another crematorium reference, and perhaps indicates that the "crematorium" is somehow more connected with rebirth.

I don't understand why Norm didn't just threaten Bud with letting out all his Buds if he didn't open the door. Clearly Bud/Brain on a Roomba is planning a timed release, and Norm could upend that entire plan just by letting everyone out.

The Ghoul/Cooper Howard, seems to have some kind of bunker at the end in the Hollywood Hills near what would have been his home. I'm guessing that is what he came out of on the quest to find his family in the last shot he is in from the series.

Overall, this is the only series since Band of Brothers that I've felt was interesting enough to watch twice within a short period of the original release. Well done Amazon!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

A question I sort of had is how Overseer Dale Cooper doesn't recognize Moldaver at the vault arranged marriage meetup. You'd think Moldaver being an NCR honcho would have made herself known to Hank when he went to Shady Sands looking for his wife and daughter?

That's a good question. On the one hand, Hank might assume that nuking everyone at Shady Sands should have gotten Moldaver. On the other hand, if all V32 and V33 Overseers were supposed to come from Bud's Buds in V31, I would assume they all know each other by name and face.

Then again, it's still possible that Moldaver was a disillusioned Vault-Tec insider. She somehow has a listening device for Cooper that works with a Pip-Boy.

Moldaver is interesting. I watched it a second time.

Vault-Tec bought every company she ever worked for, and it is implied heavily that she's working on technology related to prolonging life. I would bet that she's the one who invented the technology used by Bud Askins for Vault 31. This would explain why she is still around, but unknown to Hank, as she may have had a pod (or pods) somewhere else. It also may have been that Hank new her, but by saying anything he'd open the can of worms.

She's the "Flame Mother" and worked at Hollywood Forever, which is a cemetery and crematorium. The flame and death connection there is obvious, as is the title "forever" and life extension. Through their ashes thing is another crematorium reference, and perhaps indicates that the "crematorium" is somehow more connected with rebirth.

I don't understand why Norm didn't just threaten Bud with letting out all his Buds if he didn't open the door. Clearly Bud/Brain on a Roomba is planning a timed release, and Norm could upend that entire plan just by letting everyone out.

Overall, this is the only series since Band of Brothers that I've felt was interesting enough to watch twice within a short period of the original release. Well done Amazon!

Or why Norm just didn't grab Bud and threaten to crack the glass.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#13]

I'm still interested in the gap of time between when we see Cooper ride away from the birthday party on his horse with his daughter and how he actually loses her. Because if he knows what vault is wife is in and brings his daughter there, he theoretically should know where his family is as they would have no reason to be thawed out or leave the vault they are in before VaultTec has assumed control of the surface.

And if that was the case it would really paint his wife as an absolute gigabitch to take his daughter and leave him to the bombs.
View Quote

Could be Cooper is referencing a different "family" than the one we know from the flashbacks....?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
So the big question I have, is considering this is an Amazon production, how have they not rolled out merchandise yet? I would have thought we’d be seeing mass market of nuka cola by now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:
So the big question I have, is considering this is an Amazon production, how have they not rolled out merchandise yet? I would have thought we’d be seeing mass market of nuka cola by now.
View Quote

I would imagine after the fairly public faceplant of Rings of Power and Wheel of Time that many merchandisers are gunshy about throwing their hat in any ring until the show is proven to be successful. I'd also argue that most tie-in merchandise planned and released alongside new television or movie properties has a track record of failing more than succeeding.

Hell, even Disney famously failed to properly merchandise baby Yoda from the Mandalorian show early on as they did not grasp how popular it would be out of the gate. Even going all the way back to the original Star Wars in 78 when Kenner had to sell kids empty boxes on toy shelves promising them "early bird" toys in the mail because merch wasn't ready for the success of the movie.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#16]

I would imagine after the fairly public faceplant of Rings of Power and Wheel of Time that many merchandisers are gunshy about throwing their hat in any ring until the show is proven to be successful. I'd also argue that most tie-in merchandise planned and released alongside new television or movie properties has a track record of failing more than succeeding.

Hell, even Disney famously failed to properly merchandise baby Yoda from the Mandalorian show early on as they did not grasp how popular it would be out of the gate. Even going all the way back to the original Star Wars in 78 when Kenner had to sell kids empty boxes on toy shelves promising them "early bird" toys in the mail because merch wasn't ready for the success of the movie.
View All Quotes

KK should have been fired for that alone. I still remember the scene where Mando found Grogu, anyone with a brain watching it knew immediately it would move toys like it was 1985. I think she and her cronies deliberately sabotaged it because SJW hacks like her cannot create, only destroy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#17]
So the big question I have, is considering this is an Amazon production, how have they not rolled out merchandise yet? I would have thought we'd be seeing mass market of nuka cola by now.
View Quote

Jones Soda released a Nuka Cola Victory.

So far only seen it available online and fuck me if I'm paying $40 for a 4 pack of soda
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:39:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Azygos] [#18]
Microsoft acquired Zenimax, the parent company of Bethesda. Zenimax and/or Bethesda own the trademarks for Nuka-Cola, Vault Boy, the name “Fallout” and probably a bunch of other parts of the IP.

Amazon/MGM announced a licensing agreement with Bethesda for a handful of things like apparel, eyewear, posters, coffee, and a project with AriZona Iced Tea.

Like Mikhail_86, I don’t see much about Nuka-Cola other than the limited releases from Jones Soda Company. Maybe Jones has an exclusive license. They have Quantum and Victory.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#19]
I just started playing FO4, and almost immediately into the story they start talking about experiments in the vaults. I guess I forgot that key fact after not playing the games for 8 years.

I have a feeling the way they are going to go is: Vaultec is bad, and so is everyone else. They are just bad in their own unique way.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

After finishing the series, Amazon directed me to a Fallout store page with a bunch of merch.

None of it was for the tabletop wargames, all of it was Reddit consumer crap.

The Fallout tabletop wargame manufacturer is having a bit of trouble because their big shipment of stuff from China (both game boxes and plastic models) is on a ship that has to go around Africa vs transit the Red Sea, delaying arrival to England and further distribution. They had a new Fallout game (the Nukaworld themed Factions) scheduled for release in March but now delayed until June, other new models, along with a restock of many other items (like the older Fallout Wasteland Warfare starter sets).

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm confused.

did they nuke the place 200 year ago, 20 year ago or both?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
I'm confused.

View Quote

Whole country? 200ish years.
Shady Sands? 20ish?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Shady Sands? 20ish?
View Quote

Ok, so it did happen twice.

that's where I was confused.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm confused.

View Quote

The nuclear exchange between the U.S. and China was in 2077, apps 219 years before the show.

Shady Sands was nuked shortly…as in weeks or months…after the Second Battle of Hoover Dam in FONV, which was in 2281.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Shady Sands? 20ish?

More than twice, and that isn’t even counting the countless mini-nukes you get to throw around.

Fallout 3 Megaton Nuke + Megaton ruins (In HQ)

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Fling those mini nukes with abandon.

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#28]
Originally Posted By jvmcd:

More than twice, and that isn’t even counting the countless mini-nukes you get to throw around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6iUCX2u3Q

View Quote

And of course The Institute, and the Children of Atom base in Far Harbor if you choose to.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

His quest line doesn’t open up until right before you reach the point of no return. You also have to have made decisions in certain parts of the story that he agrees with.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#30]
So the big question I have, is considering this is an Amazon production, how have they not rolled out merchandise yet? I would have thought we'd be seeing mass market of nuka cola by now.
View Quote

What?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#31]

I started on 3. The pushing sex as if it has no problems after the apocalypse just didn’t make any sense for people trying to survive on limited resources. Seemed to me they were pushing to further hedonism.

Cannibalism does make sense. I mean you’re probably gonna be force to kill an attacker so why waste the meat? Not my first choice personally but my dogs gotta eat. I could probably hold out at least a day. Maybe two. Dibs on thighs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

The pushing sex as if it has no problems after the apocalypse just didn’t make any sense for people trying to survive on limited resources.
View Quote

Prostitution and promiscuity exist in all the worst environments. Always have.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#33]
They were literally conducting a breeding practice and tradition to ensure survival of the species after the apocalypse. If you watched episode 1 and you didn't pick up on that I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Beyond that - Yeah, there's going to be a lot of sexual themes in the wasteland. It's pretty funny watching the show after reading some of the posts here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Beyond that - Yeah, there's going to be a lot of sexual themes in the wasteland. It's pretty funny watching the show after reading some of the posts here.
View Quote

The pearl clutching by that small group of people was hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

View All Quotes

Fallout 2, first 5 minutes in New Reno and some guy is willing to pay me 5 caps to start waxing shafts as a fluffer.

I was broke but not that broke.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Best. Cousin. Evar.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:

Fallout 2, first 5 minutes in New Reno and some guy is willing to pay me 5 caps to start waxing shafts as a fluffer.

View All Quotes

I have 6, plus a bonus is you do it quick.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

And of course The Institute, and the Children of Atom base in Far Harbor if you choose to.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Originally Posted By jvmcd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6iUCX2u3Q

Don't you dare hurt Sister Mai.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Hey man. 5 caps is 5 caps.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

He was also in the movie Showgirls and was in the worst pool sex scene ever.
View Quote

Not to mention Maud Dib in the 1984 Dune.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

The Raiders didn't kill the vault dwellers. There are plenty of clues that they killed themselves and/or committed suicide.
View Quote

Don’t forget before the bombs, at the meeting of all the evil corps, they talk about all the things they could do to see how populations react. Like introducing psychotropic drugs into the water supply.

That what I think happened in 32.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By FredMan:

Don’t forget before the bombs, at the meeting of all the evil corps, they talk about all the things they could do to see how populations react. Like introducing psychotropic drugs into the water supply.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FredMan:
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

The Raiders didn't kill the vault dwellers. There are plenty of clues that they killed themselves and/or committed suicide.

John B. Calhoun has entered the chat.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Don't you dare hurt Sister Mai.

View Quote

Naw, replaced Tektus with a synth.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#45]
This series made me want to go back and destroy The Republic of Dave all over again.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
This series made me want to go back and destroy The Republic of Dave all over again.
View Quote

You’re a monster. Everyone loves Dave.

Although his unique hunting rifle is worth it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Just finished Season One a few minutes ago.  Loving the show so far!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Just started the series today, so far so good through episode 1.  I'm vaguely familiar with the game, mainly watching it to see Walton Goggins character.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Just finished Season One a few minutes ago.  Loving the show so far!!!!
View Quote

"Pleasantly surprised at how good it was" is the phrase that I've been hearing from my friends, both gamers and non gamers. Season 1 was a solid start, hopefully the continue on this path for a solid 3-4 seasons.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
View Quote

Rig the election and watch him wander off and get wrecked by deathclaws from Old Olney.
Page / 35
Fallout Amazon series (Page 32 of 35)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top