Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 4:02:04 PM EDT
my eyelid and brain don't work well together... any advice on not blinking.. yes i do double up on hearing pro...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you flinching? It sounds like its in your head.

I had a hard time with flinching when I started shooting, still do sometimes. The way I can always fix it is to just slowly press the trigger, I mean so slow I might take 5-10 seconds to break the shot, the idea is to just lightly press the trigger so you never quite know when the gun will fire. Also dry fire a lot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
curious about dry firing alot??? how will this help, i never blink when dry firing??
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
curious about dry firing alot??? how will this help, i never blink when dry firing??

I think the repetitions help me, but YMMV, its a mental game that you have to overcome.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Dry firing is the most important step in reducing your flince.  When you go to the range you can also shoot into the berm without aiming at any one spot.  Your total focus needs to be on the gun and see the front sight in great detail.  Watch the front sight lift from the rear sight notch and come back down.  This is to get you away from your focus on the target and back to the gun.  By doing this you may also see things like brass coming from the pistol or muzzle flash ( both of which are good things).
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
rebuild your muscle memory with...

Dryfire

airgun or airsoft

.22LR

bunny farts.

and finally go back to your regular scheduled programming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top