Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2019 5:44:01 PM EDT
Does anybody use this?  I just ordered it with 9mm and .380 laser cartridges.  It was about $150 with the extra cartridge.  It appears to use the camera on your phone pointed at a target to capture the laser hits and records them on the phone.
https://www.itargetpro.com/
Dan Bongino recommends it (They are a sponsor on his podcast) and since he was a USSS training officer I figure shouldn't totally suck.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Got it at Christmas just haven't had a chance to set it up.  The demo seemed real good
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you guys tried the itarget yet? I was thinking of getting it but want to see what are peoples thoughts on it first.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have it and use it once in a while. It was worth it to me. No substitute for the real thing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
But has it really helped you on drawing quickly and still keeping on target?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven’t used one personally but listening to some well known instructors talk about laser systems, they aren’t too keen on them. People using them tend to develop a habit of looking for the laser to see if they hit their mark. Looking over the sights, etc. I guess if you keep that in mind and know its a possible training scar then it might be beneficial. I have heard good things about the Mantis system.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#6]
That makes sense. Sounds like you'll have to have self control on making sure your going through the sights and not looking at the laser. Now, is the laser on the whole time or does only come on when you press the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Laser is momentary, when the firing pin hits the cartridge.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered. Curious if this will work under NODs/IR pointer, will update.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Hadn't seen this but looked at similar offerings. I found a great deal on a SIRT pistol, though, so I grabbed one of those. I didn't like the idea of having to reset the trigger every time. That's part of my issue with the MantisX that I picked up, also. I've been using the Mantis first so I haven't setup the LASRapp yet for the SIRT. However, what pushed me over the edge was a concealed weapons seminar I sat in on recently. Regardless of which route you take, it was very cool to get immediate feedback on your shots. That's the downside to the Mantis. Both are great training tools, though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had mine for a few years.  Wife got it for me.  I love it.  I dont shoot in the summer time here in AZ so that's when I use it.  Its 100 times easier to use with hammer fire vs striker fire.  That being said, it's great for holster drawing or just regular fundimentals.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:20:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shwa:
I haven’t used one personally but listening to some well known instructors talk about laser systems, they aren’t too keen on them. People using them tend to develop a habit of looking for the laser to see if they hit their mark. Looking over the sights, etc. I guess if you keep that in mind and know its a possible training scar then it might be beneficial. I have heard good things about the Mantis system.
View Quote
If someone would make laser cartridges that would broadcast at the same wavelength TV remotes use, the phone camera would see it, but the human eye would not.

Do you have to use their specific cartridges, or can I buy Amazon knockoffs for additional calibers?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:05:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NukeThemTillTheyGlow] [#12]
Brother in law got one for Christmas and it seemed like a good idea to avoid ammo costs on basic skills.  Recommend or not?  link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top