Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2012 8:50:27 AM EDT
I have been using the surefire earpro and want to change to a different set.

I have been looking at these so I can still hear people talk but not get my ears busted at the range.

I also could plug in my iphone and listen to music in between stages and such.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same pair, and all I have to say is Good to Go. If you shoot at indoor ranges I would just turn them off or have them turned down very low. But they work best for me when shooting at outdoor ranges. Mainly IDPA.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Deal..

I have never shot an indoor range, I mostly shoot at my local USPSA matches and such. But thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
For the price, they are fantastic. Only drawback is that they lack compression tech (like the more expensive ones) and communicating when someone else is firing is going to be compromised by lack of sound amplification.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a set of peltor 6s off amazon. I have only used them at 1 match but were pleased with them
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just picked up a set of peltor 6s off amazon. I have only used them at 1 match but were pleased with them

For most users, those will do all you need it to.

Battery replacement is kind of a bitch, though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I wear a set of custom molded plugs under headphones like the ones above.  I crank the volume on the headphones and can still hear conversations, but they still shut down for shooting.  The plug/phone combo helps a ton in USPSA with open guns, and in 3 gun with AR15 comps.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 5:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the advice.

With my winnings from this weekends practical carbine match I'll probably pic up a set!
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Peltor Comtacts.

Peltors.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been using the same Peltor Tac 7's that I bought in 1997 and they are still going strong. (the Tac-6 stink for changing batteries and remembering to turn off both sides)  I also have two pairs of custom molded plugs one with a filter and the other without.   Indoors I double up, outdoors for pistol I just use the muffs so I can hear commands and direct other shooters as well.   The solid custom plugs are used while shooting rifle outside.  The muffs tend to get in the way.  I am looking at a cost effective way to provide E-muffs to all my students this summer.  I'm leaning to the Impact sports as well but they will wear them with disposable plugs while indoors.  

(Background info: I have been a firearms instructor for nearly 21 years and currently run two indoor ranges and five competitive shooting teams)
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
these

+1
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Just picked a pair up at academy today.. Looking forward to testing them out at the local match this Sunday! $59.99 @ Academy
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just picked a pair up at academy today.. Looking forward to testing them out at the local match this Sunday! $59.99 @ Academy

what did you get?
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
these
Thanks in advance!

Howard Leight Impact Sport's

They are awesome!
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 for Peltor Tac7s. I've had mine for 6 years and they still work great. Plus they use the same battery (9v) as my shot timer, so I always have a spare handy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I use my peltor comtac 2's.  Bought them when i went overseas and they are great at the range.  4 years old now and still going strong.  

I mainly got them cause i was an RTO and it was nice to be able to plug the radio into them with the boom mic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Howard Leight Sport Pros.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I used the new set at a uspsa match on Sunday and they worked great. Very well made..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top