Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2018 10:03:32 PM EDT
Signed up for a course in September. Seems to be a little different pistol
class. Any one attended one of his classes?

https://www.violenceofmind.com
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't been to a class but he is at the top of a very short list of instructors I want to train with. I've listened to a lot of his talks and have his book. Heard excellent reviews of his classes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I took his VOM course in April at HTC and it was definitely not your typical pistol course, I highly recommend you read his book before attending his classes, PM if you want specifics.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I took his VOM course in April at HTC and it was definitely not your typical pistol course, I highly recommend you read his book before attending his classes, PM if you want specifics.
View Quote
Just in from his class at OK Corral, Okeechobee.  Little different, shoot about 200+ rds. Good bit about crime and criminals and their thinking.
Do practice round circle shooting 2" 3-6 feet. 6" @ 9yrds before going. Some shooting and moving. Other good stuff.
OK Corral is very nice and range had a tiki hut for shade. Good restaurant on site.
Paid $150 plus $25 range fee.
Definitely recommend and I understand Varg is based out of Ocala, Fl now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:40:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to you guys that gave feedback from his course. I have his book. He's definitely at the top of a short list of instructors I'd like to train with. Craig Douglas is up there as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just in from his class at OK Corral, Okeechobee.  Little different, shoot about 200+ rds. Good bit about crime and criminals and their thinking.
Do practice round circle shooting 2" 3-6 feet. 6" @ 9yrds before going. Some shooting and moving. Other good stuff.
OK Corral is very nice and range had a tiki hut for shade. Good restaurant on site.
Paid $150 plus $25 range fee.
Definitely recommend and I understand Varg is based out of Ocala, Fl now.
View Quote
This is where his class is different from most other classes as you are getting the other end of the spectrum. Most classes revolve around LE tactics and thinking. If Varg offers a knife combatitives or hand to hand class I wouldn’t hesitate to take it, a motivated bad guy with a knife is not something I would like to encounter after doing a little bit of shock knife scenarios with him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I took a class with him when he was training in Ohio.
Would highly recommend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top