Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2011 5:08:12 AM EDT
Has anyone out there done any training with the Urban Warfare Center? I am considering going to them for some training and wanted to hear any experiences that you guys have had with them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:27:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Website looks neat.

*I* probably would not train with them because of this mindset::
The Urban Combat Course is designed for Military and Police Agencies only (no civilians unless you are vetted by state department as a contractor).

Lots of folks around here share that mentality - if they do not train civilians, then why are they hiding information?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Website looks neat.

The Urban Combat Course is designed for Military and Police Agencies only (no civilians unless you are vetted by state department as a contractor).

Lots of folks around here share that mentality - if they do not train civilians, then why are they hiding information?

I can see the point where they would want students to have certain base skills before attending some types of classes. On the other hand, there are plenty of other places that will train civilians.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Website looks neat.

I can see the point where they would want students to have certain base skills before attending some types of classes. On the other hand, there are plenty of other places that will train civilians.

Wanting to have participants possess a certain skill set is fine... but this is another matter altogether.

Wanting to create two classes of people - one class that is "good enough" to have certain knowledge, and another class that is not good enough to have the same knowledge - is bunk.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that bit applies only to certain courses. The info I was reading showed that they have regular classes for open enrollment.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think that bit applies only to certain courses. The info I was reading showed that they have regular classes for open enrollment.

My point exactly. Sounds like "certain info only for certain classes of people. "
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point exactly. Sounds like "certain info only for certain classes of people. "

The only classes I saw for "civilians" was with simulated weapons and not live fire....not trying to fuel the fire, but this outfit clearly is oriented towards LE and mil.  No biggie, there is plenty of quality training for "civilians" like me elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I think saying something is for LE/MIL is a cop out. I'm sure you can find many people here that have more "experience" than some of our LE/MIL who would be just as good if not better prepared for a course.

If they do it to keep their numbers attending low, ok. But if the intent is to hide information from non-le/mil then I don't like it. Just ask for proof of experience like past classes, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top