Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2018 12:11:30 AM EDT
My apologies, as I posted this in another section but only got a few responses, which were good, but I'd like some more feedback.

I'm a little confused when it comes to trigger control. I see that the Army marksmanship Unit and various manuals mention that the trigger finger should fall naturally on the trigger. However, I see on YT a lot that guys preach only pulling the trigger with the pad of your finger, others advocate using the joint. What do you use, and why the discrepancy? Is somebody behind on the times?

Does it even matter? I just can't help but wonder if I am limiting myself by using improper technique.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:08:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:18:14 AM EDT
It does not matter per se. What matters is what works best for you. Using the pad of the finger however is a good place to start.

I have a Sniper on our SWAT Team who pulls the trigger with the crease of the second joint... at first I was but he shoots excellent... so much for the "too much trigger" opinion. For HIM it works.

I've watched many excellent pistol and rifle shooters use different techniques so that's where I base my input.

I've trained with several great instructors such as Pat McNamara, Clay Martin, and Robert "Bob" Keller... none of them insisted on one specific technique. In fact, Mac has a short YT video where he recommends more finger... but like I said, it can most often boil down to what feels and performs best for you.
Top Top