Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2015 12:23:30 AM EDT
Last weekend I found myself hitting high or just over 8" plates while practicing a stage with my shadow. While shooting slow, I line up the tops of the sights, but shooting faster, I find myself watching the fiber optic and not the top of the front sight. It made me wonder if I should move my rear sight to make the red dot on my front sight the POI.

Figured I might ask for some of your guys opinions.

By the way, I'm digging the CZ.

Scoot

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The top of the blade should be your POI.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:02:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Guessing I'm trying to shoot too fast. I'll slow down and watch for the top of the blade and not the dot. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#3]
remove the fiber optic.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
For long distance shots, I only used the dot to indicate the sights are close enough to focus on aligning the post and notch. With practice, my point of aim is good enough I don't even see the dot before fine tuning the aim.

For medium range targets, I only align the dot in the notch. I shoot where the dot is. It is minute of A zone accurate.

For very close targets, I only point the gun the general direction. I rarely see the dot or sights.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
This

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
remove the fiber optic.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top