Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/6/2014 4:00:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/6/2014 4:01:01 PM EST by TheArizonaCowboy]
Do you ride the reset after each shot or do you reset during the recoil?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:50:29 PM EST
Depends on what I'm doing. Precision aimed fire, I let the rifle or pistol do it's thing then reset. Rapid stings of fire, going for speed, I'll reset during the recoil.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:30:44 PM EST
Pinning the trigger to the rear then riding it forward to the reset point after recoil is a fundamentals drill designed to teach trigger control during the press. It also has the benefit of teaching the reset point in the return travel of the trigger so the shooter can learn how far forward he needs to bring the trigger finger during recoil to reliably reset the trigger without letting out too much take up for follow up shots.

This technique is for fundamentals training only and was never intended to be a universal shooting technique during practical application (except maybe slow precision fire as mentioned above).
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:57:12 AM EST
when I inhale, after the shot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:26:51 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
Pinning the trigger to the rear then riding it forward to the reset point after recoil is a fundamentals drill designed to teach trigger control during the press. It also has the benefit of teaching the reset point in the return travel of the trigger so the shooter can learn how far forward he needs to bring the trigger finger during recoil to reliably reset the trigger without letting out too much take up for follow up shots.

This technique is for fundamentals training only and was never intended to be a universal shooting technique during practical application (except maybe slow precision fire as mentioned above).
View Quote

Great answer .

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:01:20 PM EST
Restting after the shot is the baby step while reset under recoil is the adult stride
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:19:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By SilentType:

Great answer .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilentType:
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:

Great answer .

I agree!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:22:35 PM EST
When I buy a new gun I'll ride the reset to gain familiarization. After that the recoil operates the reset.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:29:57 PM EST
It resets on its own:

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:15:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
It resets on its own:
http://youtu.be/bhETGJm90DQ
View Quote

That's what I'm talking about...nice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:25:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By BornIn1776:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BornIn1776:
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
It resets on its own:
http://youtu.be/bhETGJm90DQ

Full build details and how to build your own in this thread:
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:41:34 AM EST
I squeeze, hold the trigger back through the bang, through the recoil and then take my next breath and then I let the trigger out till the "click". Then I exhale and fire the next shot.

Had to "practice" it at first, then it became automatic.
Top Top