Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2009 7:25:08 PM EDT
I would like to know if anyone has any reloading recipes that they can share with me for this particular barrel?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
AR's in general aren't too picky. Your 7.7 will shoot all bullets from 55 gr. to the 80 gr. with no problem. It may even shoot the 52 and 53 gr. pills. You just have to try them.
The powders of choice by most would be RE-15, and Varget.

Alliant and Hodgdon web sites are very good sources for data. Work up your loads but generally the near max loads work best.

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#2]
For my 20" Krieger with 1:7.75 I use 24.1-24.2 of N140 with the 77gr. SMK seated to 2.26" in WCC cases (once fired Mk. 262) and CCI bench rest primers.  I use a crimp on the non-cannelured bullets, true the pockets and true/chamfer the flash hole.  This has given me 1/2 MOA out to 600 yards both suppressed and unsuppressed, and despite the poor terminal performance and trajectory of the heavy SMK it has been a good prairie dog round.

This is a step down from the max load in the Sierra I5 manual.  The book says 2600 fps, but I get roughly another 140 fps over that and always have, verified by initially bad DOPE from the Sierra program and then by chronograph on several occasions.  Regardless, no pressure issues.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]
i use rl15 24.1 grains cci small rifle mag. primers 77 grain sierra
i also do 80 grain with 24 grain rl15 cci small rifle mag
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For my 20" Krieger with 1:7.75 I use 24.1-24.2 of N140 with the 77gr. SMK seated to 2.26" in WCC cases (once fired Mk. 262) and CCI bench rest primers.  I use a crimp on the non-cannelured bullets, true the pockets and true/chamfer the flash hole.  This has given me 1/2 MOA out to 600 yards both suppressed and unsuppressed, and despite the poor terminal performance and trajectory of the heavy SMK it has been a good prairie dog round.

This is a step down from the max load in the Sierra I5 manual.  The book says 2600 fps, but I get roughly another 140 fps over that and always have, verified by initially bad DOPE from the Sierra program and then by chronograph on several occasions.  Regardless, no pressure issues.

Can you load the 77gr. SMK in your clips?  The OAL must be pretty long.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you load the 77gr. SMK in your clips?  The OAL must be pretty long.

The 2.26" OAL is magazine length.  They feed fine from the mag.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Call Kreiger and ask. They are good people. I shoot with their family and emplyees at our local matches. 1-262-628-8558

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top