Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2010 9:55:56 AM EDT
But you guys knew that already I'm sure.

I was really glad the barrel only had 6 rounds through it when it landed on my leg.

Long pants for me next time....even if it is 100f in the shade.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't wear shorts outside for a reason (unless swimming).That reason is because if I'm outside I'm doing MAN things and MAN things tend to be rough and risks of injury are possible. I have always hated shorts since I was a kid and never wear them other than moping around the house.

That being said some of the Ft. Worth crew wear shorts on range day...often to their own detriment when I make them prone out, kneel or sit on all the stickers, hot brass and dry grass
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
BTDT.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't wear shorts outside for a reason (unless swimming).That reason is because if I'm outside I'm doing MAN things and MAN things tend to be rough and risks of injury are possible. I have always hated shorts since I was a kid and never wear them other than moping around the house.

That being said some of the Ft. Worth crew wear shorts on range day...often to their own detriment when I make them prone out, kneel or sit on all the stickers, hot brass and dry grass

Yup.. I wear big boy pants when engaging in big boy activities...
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Ouch, did it actually stick to your skin as it burned/branded you? I also hate when a freshly ejected case rolls on the bench and comes to rest on your arm. Sizzle sizzle.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was really glad the barrel only had 6 rounds through it when it landed on my leg.

You better have finished your drill!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You better have finished your drill!

Of course I finished the drill.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yup.  This.  And brown flip-flops.  What is it with all these dudes in brown flip-flops????? (1:58)

ETA: collared shirts are also nice to help avoid sling burn.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont think my rifle even hangs that low
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol. I knew that hurt.

I once ran 90 rounds through a light weight barrel. Put it down on the table. Moved around the table to get ammo and by mistake touched the barrel. My fingers actually stuck to the barrel. There were white marks left on the barrel when I finally got them off. It was my skin.

I just cringe!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

guilty.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top