Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2009 4:51:11 PM EDT
Need primers? Always vote Republican in the future!

http://blog.sinclairintl.com/2009/05/12/primer-availability-2/

Dave McGrath
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Its only a matter of time.  The shelves will fill once again.  I've noticed ammo available now, and mags are easy to find everywhere you look.  People only have so much expendable money these days.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its only a matter of time.  The shelves will fill once again.  I've noticed ammo available now, and mags are easy to find everywhere you look.  People only have so much expendable money these days.

Your right Bitt!
Traveled around my area gun shops yesterday and today. Ammo supplies are now up. Oh course so are the prices! Primers and powder supplies remain low but the hoarders that shoot 100 rounds a year and who have bought up tens of thousands of primers and a ton of powder are beginning to see the light or run out of money. Ha, I thought the hoarders of the Clinton years or the "Y2K" idiots were something!

Dave McGrath

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Found Federal GM small rifle primers today at regular prices. They had 5k of them. I just got one box
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Midsouth shows fed primers not due in until 2010 IIRC. You should probably buy more if you will need them before then.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]

It will be interesting to see how much is available at Camp Perry this summer.  I am kind of counting on the vendors being pretty well stocked.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm just hoping there's lots of parts. Want to try MR for a while.
'Borg
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm just hoping there's lots of parts. Want to try MR for a while.
'Borg

WHAT???? Are you WHIMPING OUT on us? You can't be serious!

Dave McGrath

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL, yeah,, my 60 yr old eyes are like the "Ol grey mare"
'Borg
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you all see the write up in the Rifleman this month on primers?
It all seemed pretty straight up, sounds like they are producing factory ammo rather than components, probly more money in this as always and I cannot fault them for that.
But, however, big however, they did add some unusual twists to the primer saga.  The report indicated mfrs are adding add'l people "conservatively" at this time.  Further, they are reluctant to buy new equipment or machinery at this time.  They did not explain why.  Seems like there still is a lot of information that is missing here.  Yes, I know there is hoarding going on.  (Really, a club buy of a bazillion primers ???)
I assume any ammo or component maker is 'licensed' with the govt.  Please tell me the wonderful prez is not strong arming these guys behind closed doors like he did with the banks, cars, private industry in general.
I see what the organizations like WHO did with smoking ... I hope the commander in chief is not going to price or tax us out of our game.  Can you imagine if this guy gets a 2nd term.     better times ahead!

anyway, keep 'em in the center!

bill boy
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Did you all see the write up in the Rifleman this month on primers?

It all seemed pretty straight up, sounds like they are producing factory ammo rather than components, probly more money in this as always and I cannot fault them for that.

But, however, big however, they did add some unusual twists to the primer saga. The report indicated mfrs are adding add'l people "conservatively" at this time. Further, they are reluctant to buy new equipment or machinery at this time. They did not explain why. Seems like there still is a lot of information that is missing here. Yes, I know there is hoarding going on. (Really, a club buy of a bazillion primers ???)

I assume any ammo or component maker is 'licensed' with the govt. Please tell me the wonderful prez is not strong arming these guys behind closed doors like he did with the banks, cars, private industry in general.

I see what the organizations like WHO did with smoking ... I hope the commander in chief is not going to price or tax us out of our game. Can you imagine if this guy gets a 2nd term. better times ahead!

anyway, keep 'em in the center!

bill boy

In a thread on the Black Hills Ammunition board, the owner (I assume) stated the same sentiment about just cranking up production. He said he has had to lay people off in the past and was not going to go through the effort of hiring, training and adding extra shifts just to have to turn around and cut back in a year or two. For small business owners, it is a tough decision to make.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top