Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 1:23:30 PM EDT
Thanks in advance and admins please move if there is a better place for this post.

I am going to do monthly, minimal amount of "proficiency" shooting on my semi-rural 5-acre Maryland property. I've already decided that I'm buying a .223 suppressor (and eventually .308) to avoid alarming the neighbors, who I don't want to get into a discussion/debate about it with.

I think it would be prudent to post private property/ keep out signs of some kind, but I wonder if I should notify about the safety hazard on those signs....something like "Warning!: Firearms May be in Use"

What do you think I should do?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Forgot one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Signage depends on your purpose.  Do you want to simply warn people not to be alarmed by gunfire?  A simple "There is a shooting range on this property, please do not be alarmed by gunfire" sign would suffice.

On the other hand, if your goal is to keep people off the property, I've said many times that cheesy signage is a great way to make trespassers laugh at you.  All the signs pictured above, while amusing, are obviously bought from novelty stores and won't give bad guys a second's pause.  To keep people off your property, you need your signage to appear very, very serious, without a hint of joking, and with a truly stern warning not to enter the premises.  The government understands this:

Link Posted: 5/15/2009 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I would avoid anything like the ones above threatening to shoot trespassers. The recent shooting in Texas (Where the idiots killed the 7 yoa for riding a four wheeler) is going to show the wisdom in this.I would post NO TRESPASSING signs and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks in advance and admins please move if there is a better place for this post.

I am going to do monthly, minimal amount of "proficiency" shooting on my semi-rural 5-acre Maryland property. I've already decided that I'm buying a .223 suppressor (and eventually .308) to avoid alarming the neighbors, who I don't want to get into a discussion/debate about it with.

I think it would be prudent to post private property/ keep out signs of some kind, but I wonder if I should notify about the safety hazard on those signs....something like "Warning!: Firearms May be in Use"

What do you think I should do?

If you buy the YHM Phantom suppressor, 308 flash hider, and 223 flash hider you will only need to buy one suppressor that can be used on both platforms.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
To all that have posted replies with the "cute" signs.

Stupid is as stupid does.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519631,00.html

HOUSTON — A 7-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the head by a couple who thought he and three other people were trespassing on their property died Saturday, authorities said.

Donald Coffey Jr. died Saturday morning at a Houston hospital, less than two days after the boy was struck in the head by shotgun pellets, Liberty County Sheriff's Cpl. Hugh Bishop said.

Sheila Muhs and her husband, Gayle Muhs, both 45, were charged with second-degree felony counts of aggravated assault in the shootings Thursday. They were being held at Liberty County Jail with bail set at $25,000 each and had not yet retained an attorney, Bishop said.

Bishop said the district attorney could upgrade the charges to murder on Monday, but investigators were "still trying to get the circumstances behind the incident."

The boy, his 5-year-old sister, their father and a family friend were off-roading near a residential area about 40 miles northeast of Houston when they were shot after stopping so the children could go to the bathroom.

Authorities said the couple fired after they mistakenly thought the group was trespassing on their property.

Bishop said the area includes a dirt road, trees and overgrown brush and that it wasn't uncommon for people to go off-roading there. The Houston Chronicle reported that a sign in front of the suspects' home reads: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivers will be reshot!! Smile I will."

Liberty County Chief Deputy Ken DeFoor said Sheila Muhs fired a 12-gauge shotgun once, then handed it to her husband, who also fired once.

DeFoor said Sheila Muhs then called 911 and told the dispatcher: "They're out here tearing up the levee, so I shot them."

DeFoor said the levee belonged to the subdivision and was not private property.

Bishop said there was no indication the unarmed victims did anything threatening toward the Muhs.

Donald Coffey Sr. suffered a pellet wound in his right shoulder and his daughter, Destiny, suffered a wound to the elbow. The family friend, 30-year-old Patrick Cammack, was in serious condition Saturday with a head wound, Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center spokeswoman Alex Rodriguez said.

These fucktard white-trash rednecks absolutely enrage me. They also do much damage to the name of good rednecks.

Shooting at an unarmed family with children. Truly tragic. Death penalty warranted and encouraged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top