Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 11:52:11 AM EDT
So im thinking about a target practice game based on poker. kinda like they did in top shot last year. you would basically have a board of 52 cards spread out on a circle. each player gets 7 shots, best 5 card hand wins.

i was thinking of putting the face card on the outer edge of the circle spaced further apart. Aces would be at the N, S, E, W poles. the other face cards would be placed around the circles edge. lower value cards would be moved inward on the circle and closer together. of course i would be mixing the suits around on the board.

anyone ever try anything like that? or have any suggestions? thanks

evan
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen targets like that at our local shooting range.  I have found a good way to use it is to call a card out to your training buddy and have them hit it.  Test their target ID and speed.  You could even call out things like "FULL HOUSE" or "FLUSH DIAMONDS" to see how fast they react.  Use a timer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
hows this look:

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#4]
They sell targets with a full deck of cards on it.

My club uses them as bonus money shoots by putting the target up backwards and you spread 8 shots out over the target without seeing where the good cards are.   Best five card hand wins.       Although the way they do it, it's more luck than skill.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They sell targets with a full deck of cards on it.

My club uses them as bonus money shoots by putting the target up backwards and you spread 8 shots out over the target without seeing where the good cards are.   Best five card hand wins.       Although the way they do it, it's more luck than skill.

yeah ive seen the ones they sell. but i wanted it to be harder to hit the higher value cards
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top