Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2017 8:11:16 PM EDT
Hi All,

Been watching this guy for about a month or so.. I don't know how I missed him before (Youtube).  Anyway, I enjoy his videos and find that I'm in agreement with most of what he talks about.

Carrying a gun for work every day I've come to some of the same generalities.  And that seems to be that the specifics of this or that aren't as important as keeping an open mind and being able to adapt to any given environment.  It just seems he doesn't push specific agendas like many pros do.

Plus I find his personality entertaining....

Regards
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Strikes me as knowing what he is talking about.   He clearly thinks through the scenarios he presents and makes compelling arguments.   And yes, he’s a hoot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the best youtube gun channels!

Love the meat target!

the guy does have some cred!

Red
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my favorite channels. He manages to be very informative without coming off as a know-it-all by not taking himself to seriously.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]
He has an excellent discussion regarding FBI Miami shootout from back in the 80's they made a movie about.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Great channel.  The best gun channel on youtube IMO.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear.  I was expecting to take some heat in this thread, but I really like his pragmatism,

I'm just surprised I just found his channel after a decade of watching youtube gun guys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Another who enjoys his videos.

CD
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree with the others positive comments here. He has his own unique style, outlook, and relevant practical experience that I think contribute to the other content out there.

Here is a link to a video that describes his background to those that don't know:
Harrell's Background
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I found him this summer also. He has a no nonsence approach, without being a know it all.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Rebuttal to Gun Drama Johnny and Yankee Marshal

Big fan - He's got a great sense of humor and very informative.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strikes me as knowing what he is talking about.   He clearly thinks through the scenarios he presents and makes compelling arguments.   And yes, he’s a hoot.
View Quote
Except when he says you shouldn't carry "Hyper Ammo", and should instead carry basic, generic, off-the-shelf ammo that has been proven to not perform through FBI heavy clothing specs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Except when he says you shouldn't carry "Hyper Ammo", and should instead carry basic, generic, off-the-shelf ammo that has been proven to not perform through FBI heavy clothing specs.
View Quote
can you give a cite?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#13]
He prefers Rem green box 115 ball for practice and carry 115 JHP but cause its low cost, available in his area and works in his test medium.  He also stated he's taken game with it so it works.  He's a civilian now and doesn't foresee being in the FBI.

CD
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Well that seems like a reasonable position.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Selecting Camouflage Hunting Clothing
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Just checked him out, we'll need to watch a few more vids. He's seems like a good guy with good info...
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Paul Harrell is one of my favorite YouTubers. This guy is rock solid, and Magnus Böner approved!
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#18]
What happened to gun dramma johnny?

He needs to come back...

LOL

Red
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#19]
As for the hyper ammo issue.  In his meat target testing Rem 9x19 JHP seems to perform very well compared to the more expensive HST and gold dot rounds.  Not sure if it does as good in gel but would you say gel testing is more realistic than his meat targets?  I'm no expert.  But in any event my favorite YouTube gun channel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top