It's time to bring Magpul Dynamics out to the pacific northwest. And we've got a great venue, and an awesome time of the year. I just got the go-ahead from Justin Beard @ Magpul that we're good to go. We need a minimum of 18 students, but can support up to 24. I hope to see you guys out there this summer.
Class Date: July 31st through August 2nd
Dynamic Carbine 1
$500 / 3 day course | ammo 2000rnds, 300rnds pistol
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club: http://www.douglasridge.org
27787 Hwy 224,
Eagle Creek, OR, 97022
An entry-level course where students are familiarized with their rifles. The class will thoroughly cover:
* Proper choice and placement of gear
* Different optics and accessories
* Effective shooting stance
* Proper weapon grip
* Recoil control
* Sight alignment
* Sight picture using iron sights and electronic optics
* Trigger control
* Speed reloads
* Tactical reloads
* Possible malfunctions of the rifle
* Strong and weak hand shooting while both stationary and on the move
* Different shooting positions
* Choosing the proper position for the task
The course starts in the classroom and will include extensive dry fire exercises.
A functional carbine or submachine gun chambered in 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or 7.62x39mm or standard pistol caliber weapon systems. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Sometimes magazines will make it in your dump bag and sometimes they won't. If they hit the ground they can become fouled, causing weapon malfunctions and time off the line.
* Note pad, and pen/pencil
* Clothing suited to strenuous type activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
* Appropriate foot wear
* Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
* Ear pro (electronic preferred)
* Eye pro, which wraps around
* Clear lenses for night shoots
* Baseball style hat recommended
* Primary weapon sling, single point, or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and reaction side weapon manipulations
* A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
* Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
* A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
* Primary weapon mounted light
* Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light
* Spare bulbs and batteries for all lights
* Tools that work on your weapon
* Weapons lube
* Optics will require adjustment tools and spare batteries
* Water hydrating device
* Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
* Gloves (optional)
* An open mind.
To register for this class call 1.877.4MAGPUL ext 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Email sent to Justin. Thanks for the leg work!
I'll try to get the time off!
I'd suggest giving Justin a call, he may not reply right away, but better snag your spots!
I think we're up to a dozen sign ups. The range is gorgeous, the weather will be stunning, lets see some more sign ups!
Just an update, we are currently at 15 enrolled students (there may be a few more pending). We need 20 minimum for the class.
Signed up today. Justin said I was the last spot. Anybody know how many students will be at this class?
20 students. I was mistakenly told 24 slots were available.
We're at MAX!
ETA: Actually just got word that we CAN support 24, but I have to run that by Chris. Don't let your friends bail quite yet.
Do they run relays in their courses or are all 20 going to be on the line?
I believe 24 may create a relay situation.
20 would probably be on the line at the same time.
Again it comes down to Chris and what he'd like to do.
Subject line should say it all.
I just heard back from Chris, and the class cap of 20 will be maintained. Invariably we were always going to hit a cap and interested students would miss out.
I want to thank everyone for their interest, and all the students who did get in for their promptness in signing up. Make no mistake about it, I will be working hard to make sure that this class is only the start of many here in Oregon.
For the students in the class, please direct your questions to the Oregon HTF thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=36&t=347426
If anyone was interested in giving the MS2 sling and ASAP plate a try at the Magpul class they are in stock now on Magpuls site.
Back from the dead as our class approaches. Any one have a line on a cheap motel near the class? Or maybe withing a 20 min drive? Coming over from Boise and not having much luck with the search.
Yep, less than 1.5 months to go:
Concerning hotels, while you wouldn’t be in the city of Portland, there’s a Hampton Inn that’s 15-20 minutes from the range in Eagle Creek. It’s the “Hampton Inn Clackamas“.
-Hampton Inn / http://tinyurl.com/ptx6bp
I can’t say for certain where you’d want to stay, the city is nicer, but it’s a longer drive.