Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2018 10:31:33 PM EDT
A friend and I were talking and I thought of a question I am curious about.

I know that a lot of instructors attend other instructors courses and shooting schools in order to keep current.  If an instructor is not Mil or LEO are they allowed to attend Mil/LEO courses at other facilities?

I know there are a lot of great civilian instructors and am curious how they stay current with Mil and LEO issues and tactics.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as there is no classified content, there's really no law that would prevent such a situation. It's more of a vetting process.

You can always ask, doubly so if you've started by taking their 'basic' / entry level schools, or if you already have certain types of courses already under your belt.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If an instructor is not Mil or LEO are they allowed to attend Mil/LEO courses at other facilities?

Not usually outside of extraneous circumstances.

I know there are a lot of great civilian instructors and am curious how they stay current with Mil and LEO issues and tactics.

Maybe they shouldn't be teaching LEO/MIL tactics if they have no actual experience with them?
View Quote
There are open enrollment classes that teach military tactics, but the instructors usually have a military background that the training is based off of. Otherwise, they'd just be parroting someone else without the basis of real world experience to answer questions on applications that may deviate from the instructor's class experience.ac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top