Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/19/2009 3:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2009 5:40:35 PM EDT by onesureshot]
I am looking to add more training media to my library and was curious about a couple different sets. I know a dvd can't take the place of attending a class, and that is hopefully in the works, but in the mean time I want to take in as much as I can, and have something to share with friends and family to hopefully get them interested in more training too. Has anybody viewed either the Armed Response, Tactical Response Gear or Warrior School dvds? I looked through the other posts and didn't see anything on either of them. Just curious about them and would like some feedback. Thanks in advance.

http://www.shop.armedresponsetraining.com/category.sc;jsessionid=50F87A7D050A5818F88BB4870EEDC357.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=2

http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=76_179

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=197&parents=129
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 12:56:29 AM EDT
Tactical Response puts out good stuff. Just make sure you read the descriptions & get the material you want. Shooting Missology won't teach you how to fight with a gun, but will help you fix your fundamentals for example. You might want to preview the DVDs without kids present- there will be some profanity in some of the videos.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 2:13:51 AM EDT
Ah...mmmm... don't waste your money on the "Warrior School" dvds. Get thee to Paladin Press or Amazon and purchase some Jim Grover's (Kelly McCann) Combative Series DVDs. Not super fancy kung foolery but time proven basic combat skills are shown. If you have an interest in street stick fighting look for Craig Gemeiner's Lacanne dvds too.

Best,

BJ
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 12:32:26 AM EDT
Both the Tactical Response Fighting Pistol and Fighting Carbine DVDs, and the Armed Response DVDs are excellent and well worth the money, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 1:59:26 AM EDT
I haven't had a chance to watch the Warrior School DVD's yet, but I have gone through several of their courses. These guys are professionals and are the real deal. They teach real world applicable technique that works regardless of the situation - especially in high stress situations where adrenaline can have negative effects on the body such as shut down fine motor skills and create tunnel vision.

No one is more qualified, and no one provides better training - period.
Link Posted: 8/7/2009 2:27:41 PM EDT
I saw the armed response DVD series. Its pretty good info for combat and cqc plus basic firearm training.
Link Posted: 8/8/2009 11:27:20 AM EDT
Anyone tried the ones from Suarez International?

Link Posted: 12/26/2009 1:52:56 PM EDT
I thought the Tactical Response Fighting Rifle wasn't that great.

He calls out a guy from the Internet and spends most of the time swearing and repeating the same lines over and over. And flashing his watch at the camera. Very annoying!

HOWEVER - there are some AK videos included that are fantastic. Short, concise, and good info.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:01:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By THellURider:
Anyone tried the ones from Suarez International?

Yeah, I've got several of their dvd's and love them.

Kalashnikov Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Advanced Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
Mini-14 Rifle Gunfighting
AR15 Rifle Gunfighting
Close Range Gunfighting
Die Less Often Vol 1-3
Die Less Often 2

Top Top