Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2007 7:08:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/10/2007 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Great post. Cool software too.

Since most ballistic software (that I'm aware of anyway, still a noob to precision shooting) only runs on the Palm OS, but lots of us have Windows based smartphones\PDA's, I thought I'd throw in a little addition here.

With a Palm OS emulator, you can run this and other (but not all) palm OS based apps on your Windows based PDA\Smartphone.

One I found just by doing a quick google search for...."Palm OS emulator" is Styletap (www.styletap.com). It's like 50.00 bucks with a 14 day demo license.

It was pretty painless and this program runs great on it.

There are plenty of other Palm OS emulators out there too, (even free ones) but they aren't as user friendly to setup.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT work for Styletap.

Jon
Link Posted: 11/13/2007 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, thanks Forest.  Have this Clie sitting around the house that never gets used.  Now I can put it to use...  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for sharing such a great program! This is exactly what I was looking for to experiment with. Now I just have to hunt down a used Palm Pilot

Do you need one with a color display to get the most out of the program?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for sharing such a great program! This is exactly what I was looking for to experiment with. Now I just have to hunt down a used Palm Pilot

I picked up one on e-bay for $30 shipped.  

Do you need one with a color display to get the most out of the program?

Not IMHO.  The B&W models are cheaper and run on standard AAA batteries.

Thanks Forest!  

I don't know anything about Palm Pilots, will any Palm work as long as it has Palm OS 3.5 or greater?  Can I get away with a model that is just an "organizer"?

Here are a few I saw on eBay -

Palm Z22  "Organizer"

Tungston E2

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top