Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2010 12:10:57 AM EDT
I'm wondering what survival skill books there are out there, any time I do a search on Borders or my local library's website, all I get are love novels and such. I borrowed a book from a G.I. that i know called "101 survival tips" and for the author it says "Department of the Army." i'm wondering if i could get a copy of my own, or if there's a version for civs out there. So anyway, what do you recommend for survival training books?
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
This is gonna sound kinda ghey, but Boy Scout handbooks have some good info and they have a merit badge pamphlet for Wilderness Survival that will set you back like $3.  Les Stroud of Survivorman television show wrote one called Survive that's not bad.
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is gonna sound kinda ghey, but Boy Scout handbooks have some good info and they have a merit badge pamphlet for Wilderness Survival that will set you back like $3.  Les Stroud of Survivorman television show wrote one called Survive that's not bad.

Actually, I still have my Boy Scout book somewhere lol.
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]
US Army SH 21-76  Ranger Handbook
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
There's a member here, can't recall his screename... Currahee-something-or-other, I dunno..  But his site has some useful info...  http://www.everycitizenasoldier.org/id13.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top