Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2011 6:39:19 PM EDT
I attended the Rochester Personal Defense – Defensive Rifle/Carbine Operator 101 course a couple of weeks ago at the Square Deal Sportsman’s Club in Maine, NY. I wrote up a full review on my site at http://www.gothamsurvival.com/?p=926. Here is a quick run down of what we went over.

* Use of Force doctrine
   * Equipment selection and accessories
   * The difference between administrative skills and combat (Stress Loading) skills
   * Malfunction and stoppage clearing
   * Operation of your rifle in a defensive/combat mindset
   * Defensive accuracy and shooting
   * Proper defensive rifle or carbine stances
   * Skills for shooting multiple targets
   * Shooting from cover or concealment

The course was $135 and  the training was definitely worth it. If you have any questions please ask.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine asked what kind of equipment I brought to the defensive rifle course that I took a month ago. Here is a list of the gear I brought.

The rifle was a Stag Arms Model 2 with an EOTech 556.65 sight, a Midwest Industries AR-15 MCTAR-30HD sling adapter, a Specter Gear Viper Sling II, a MagPul Angled Forend Grip, a LED Lenser V2 Flashlight, a Safariland Rapid Light System and a pair of UTG AR-15 Handguard Picatinny Rails to mount the grip and flashlight on.

My ammo carrier was a Specter Gear M-1 Mk-2 Chest Carrier with a Bianchi Double AR15 Pouch clipped on the left side.

Seven Pre-Ban magazines. I should have brought more so I could have saved some time on reloading.

A generic range bag with 500 rounds of 5.56, a can of oil (very important), extra AA batteries, rifle cleaning kit, pocket knife, a set of screw drivers, files, allen keys, small hand towel, Purel hand sanitizer, two sandwiches, snacks, three bottles of water and a red bull. I also brought a Individual First Aid Kit aka IFAK that was clipped to the outside of my bag and a set of Columbia Water Proof Pants and Columbia Water Proof Jacket. These two items are great because they go over your regular clothes. I bought the appropriate sized pants so they were not baggy and I could stay maneuverable. I made sure to buy a larger size jacket so I can put it over my winter jacket if necessary. Last but not least a pair of Blackhawk Waterproof Tactical Boots.

http://www.gothamsurvival.com/?p=1047
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top